Miami in the new college football video game

EA’s College Football 25 comes out on the 19th. Miami was never featured in the trailer (not terribly surprising) but we do at least get the graphic featuring the overall, offensive, and defensive ratings in the official “Dynasty Deep Dive” video…

Dynasty Deep Dive

3 Likes

The trailer also featured Clemson in the MAC! I’m very excited for the game to come out

1 Like

Wow, are we hosting them or playing there. Certainly would be a great road trip. :wink:

Those ratings are probably better than 75-79 sound on paper. In previous NCAA Football games that was a mediocre level, but in this version there are only four teams with a 90 rating (previous games definitely had more) so we may be one of the better G5 teams.

1 Like

So are we really going improve as a conference? Or will it be a bad few years for Clemson?

https://x.com/MiamiOHFootball/status/1812215019679125863

3 Likes

Now a different set of ratings. Since the previous one was from the dynasty deep dive, that one may have been from a random season and this one may be the default ratings. If so, our guys cracked 80 overall. But it seems weird to have an 80 overall rating but just a 73 offense and 78 defense. I guess our special teams could be in the 90s to make up the difference. Hell, our ST rating probably would have been 99 had Nicholson stayed. The one dubious thing about this graphic is the only other MAC team to hit 80 is… WMU?

2 Likes

WMU/BG overrated, BSU/NIU underrated imo.

If there’s a way for players to be created or change teams the first thing I’m gonna do is bring Nicholson, Amos, Larvadain, and Willard home (and turn off the portal if that’s an option).

2 Likes

That is exactly what I plan to do, just to see what the overall rating could have been had all the guys stayed.

I can’t wait to restore “common sense” to conference alignment; and put UC in the mountain west

3 Likes

The early-access release was this afternoon. Here is the full set of default ratings…

Only 11 G5 teams have a rating of 80 or better. Memphis, Tulane, Boise, and Texas State are the only ones better than 80. We have the same rating as Northwestern. UC is 79. Notre Dame is a 90.

We’d be the favorite to win the Pac-12 (or what remains of it).

2 Likes

I have been playing it a bit it looks amazing, a few minor issues with Yager (No retired numbers below scoreboard, no standing table things in the student section, cars parked near the cradle) but so far it is really good. Our highest rated is Salopek who is 90 other notables is Gabbert 83 and Wise 87.

3 Likes

Some funky things happen in video games over the long term. I for one am looking forward to OSU finishing last in the Big Ten and dwindling down to a one-star program that draws flies at the Shoe.

1 Like

The lack of retired numbers is probably due to not having former players included in NIL deals. Although they could put up 7, 40, etc. and just not include names.

Either way, I never thought I’d see a Miami team rated in the 80s. And I’m not sure if we’ve ever had a player with a 90 rating. I’ll have to go back to try to find player ratings from NCAA 2004 to see the rating they had for “QB #7.” Ben probably would have been the only other possible candidate but even then I don’t think they had him at that level in July of that year. Prentice also might have been in that area but late 1990s games were even less forgiving to mid-major teams.

Maybe the retired numbers is due to lack of rights but the commentator says “welcome to the house roethlesberger built Oxford, Ohio” at the beginning of the game and prentice and other retired Miami players are listed in the team records

1 Like

Then yeah, they could have at least put the numbers up there.

Also Roethlisberger was 93 in NCAA 04. Kudos to EA developers for giving him his due back then. So Salopek is our 2nd ever player in the 90s.

1 Like

I played it some yesterday. Still working through server issues on some of the game modes. Tracey is pretty fun to play with, and Brett seems to have a good arm…I played the first game of the season and the server didn’t end up saving it…annoying…

1 Like

I was disappointed that Northwestern sent in Ryan Field as their stadium. They clearly knew that wasn’t going to be used this season, since it doesn’t even exist anymore.

Where is “Evanston High’s JV Soccer practice field”?

Clearly their athletic department was busier doing more important things, like ordering port-o-potties that’ll get flushed into the lake after games.

Per Google the Evanston Township stadium seats 4500, which isn’t too far off capacity-wise lol.

3 Likes

I picked up my old school disc copy today. I was immediately concerned when I saw Miami was a 76 overall. I went into the roster. Brett was bald (and 73 overall). Salopek was a disgustingly low 78. Ty Wise was an our best player at 81. Then I did the roster update.

The disc versions come with a default roster. The roster update has returned the guys to their respectable ratings.

But Brett is still bald.

Others to note…

1. Gage is 80 overall for South Carolina
  2. Woullard is an 84 for Oklahoma
  3. Graham is an 88 for Bama
  4. Amos is not on Ole Miss but considering the number of times he’s jumped around since the Cure Bowl, I’m not stunned he is missing right now