Miami in the new college football video game

He’s got flowing locks in mine.

1 Like

There’s small things here and there I find that I wish EA paid more attention to Miami. Like for example the Miami playbook doesn’t have a flea flicker even though I remember Gabbert doing one that resulted in a sorenson touchdown

1 Like

Weird…

Never mind. Another update gives him hair…

The signage at Yager shows all of our MAC championships up until last year. I know the wall didn’t include 2023 when the school sent in the images… but come on EA, I think it’s safe to assume we’d put 2023 with the other years.

And apparently due to branding purposes, we’ve played in the 68 Ventures Bowl 3 times, in 2003, 2011, and 2020… even though it was the GMAC Bowl two of those times and the Lending Tree Bowl the other year.

1 Like

Our 2021 bowl win also doesn’t exist on it I’m pretty sure

2 Likes

It seems as if at least in “play now” mode you can only play at the home team’s stadium or you have to choose to play the specific bowl game at that specific bowl stadium. While that makes sense, it eliminates the option to just get wacky and have, say, Texas and Florida State play for the MAC Championship.

It also eliminates the chance to play a game at a practice facility or at one of several regional generic high school fields as seen in previous games. While that makes sense in 99.99999% of cases, the lack of a practice facility/high school stadium option is really going to take away any sense of realism for the Northwestern game.

Dom Dzioban looks pretty accurate, and they have him as a kicker too

Unfortunately you can’t change individual player rosters. Maybe I can try hitting up Gage in the portal after the first offseason.

I kicked the crap out of NU and UC to start our season. Was tied 10-10 at ND with the ball at the 50 and 30 seconds left, then promptly threw a pick six that was completely my fault. This board would go into a very unique type of meltdown if that comes to pass.

1 Like

Yeah it’s weird. You go into the “edit rosters” section and you can only tweak a player’s apparel. I get that due to NIL issues, they don’t want you changing a guy’s name or bio… but you can’t edit ratings? I don’t think “numerical values tied to abilities in a video game” will be included in any future NIL lawsuit.

It’s also strange that they don’t allow you to swap guys around, especially in the era of the portal but that is probably also an NIL-related issue.

2 Likes

I started off with an “easy” game against ULM (the team with the lowest rating in the game). I don’t know if an arcade style setting was accidentally checked in the game options… but the final score ended up being an absurd 62-58. No one could tackle anybody. Corban Hondru had a 99-yard pick six and the kickoff coverage team also returned a fumble for a touchdown, so some sort of arcade gameplay option must have been activated.

At least Miami won.

Other games I’ve played since that one have been fine, so I don’t know what what the heck happened with that ULM game.

Maybe one of the game programmers went to ULM… or OU?

1 Like

I heard this get covered on a podcast recently. EA plans to send out updates as the season goes on that may have changes to stadiums. Northwestern is apparently considering using their temporary one in the update. Vandy, in contrast, approved EA using a rendering of what their new stadium will be in the original release, so no need to update it.

I beat ND 38-33. Brett threw for 5 tuddys, 2 INTs and over 500 yards. I couldnt rush for shyte though…

3 Likes

Note, I restarted my dynasty since our home game against UC was on the road for whatever reason and I’m not gonna let them get away with it. In the new dynasty I beat ND and simmed most other games, check out the mediocrity in the MAC these year besides us:

I decided to start a “practice” dynasty as the OC for CSU (I remembered that I really didn’t like playing defense 11 years ago either … and have even worse reaction timing now). As a Miami alum I was thinking I could latch on in a season or two as my first promotion (maybe after a P5 OC role).

Miami wound up winning the MAC - but the Rams went 12-0 with a Heisman winner and playoff birth. I may have missed my Miami opportunity by taking over for fake Deion (who went to Illinois … from Boulder?!!) at CU.

On a related note … the lack of real coaches is sorta a bummer.

Yeah, Gabbert threw for 500 yards and 4 TDs against UC, AT UC…I don’t get it. However, it was rewarding seeing the American Conference logo on their field again.

2 Likes

I generally SIM defense, but that is more to just move the games along than not really liking defensive game play

OOC matchup timing/location can be affected by custom conferences if I had to guess, in my original dynasty we played ND the week before UC after I moved them back to the American.

The new white jerseys and pants are in the game.

The roster update also bumps Miami up to an 82 overall. The only new addition seems to be TE Preston Daniel. He has a 78 rating so I’m not sure what increased the team’s overall rating by 2 points. Memphis, Tulane, and Boise are the only G5 teams with higher ratings (several others also are listed at 82 now).

Random note: they’ve also added fans sitting and standing on the grass at UVA. It’s weird that they didn’t have the fans there initially, since I think that visual effect was included way back in NCAA 99.