Miami Basketball 22-23 Discussion

Miss Emerson. Have fun, Eli. Best quad.

Summers from Gahanna. Glad to see he’s recruiting central Ohio. Tons of talent here.

Cov Catholic is just across the river from Cincinnati.

I meant under previous regimes I guess. Though Kenny Lowe blocked me on Twitter, so I suppose if he went somewhere I wouldn’t see it.

1 Like

That was my point. They tweeted about the old staff coming by not long before they were let go. A couple other local schools did as well. I really like the new staff, but unless you’re following every local high school staff, or constantly searching on Twitter, you’re not going to see these things come up in your feed.

The old staff didn’t land Mitchell Rylee by not going to his high school. They were there not long before they were let go recruiting Ipsaro.

That said, I really appreciate how well @Digitalhawk has been able to keep track of all this. As a recruiting nerd, this sort of thing fascinates me.

4 Likes

Seems like the old guy in the group.

2 Likes

Anderson, your practice jersey has arrived…

1 Like

Another cool idea. Steele has a full bag of motivational tools on hand.

3 Likes

His techniques are different than mine. For me, if a player worked harder than the others, I’d give them a Diet Coke with real carbonation. I’d say: “Name of player, you earned this Diet Coke with real carbonation. Good job. The rest of you get these other Diet Cokes from Millett. They’re flat, but so was your effort.”

The Jersey idea is fine though and might also work.

2 Likes

Morgan Safford is the first winner of the Black and Gold jersey. I love the transparency, culture and accountability this staff is building. Doing things the right way!

6 Likes

I hope one of the managers is an accounting major.

3 Likes

I’m so happy this staff is here. Cannot wait for hoops season, something I haven’t felt for like 15 years since Charlie was healthy.

8 Likes

1 Like

They get it, they seem to be having fun, and also focusing on player/team development…no going thru motions.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Yellow, your posts are effervescent!

1 Like

Word my bird!
Glad I made you smile.

7 Likes

I’m excited to see Morgan Safford play. Two year starter at Wofford and they were a top 125 team both years.

3 Likes

I think we need to revisit our “Name the starting five” thread again. I think Safford’s stock has definitely risen.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if Safford and Lewis weren’t starting.

Lairy
Safford
Williams or Lewis
Harrison
Mirambeux?

We’re going to have to have unbelievable guard pressure and movement to cover our lack of frontcourt size.

1 Like