Miami Basketball 22-23 Discussion

I think Rylee, Morris, Elmer, Kotecki, and Potter have the makings of a dominant front court.

I’m not sure exactly what this season has in store, but I’ve been impressed by the recruiting so far. I’d love to see Harrison take a step forward and then see what Rylee and Morris look like.

2 Likes

Mabry also had a post grad high school year…so is a bit more seasoned than avg frosh.

If so it’s good news…having solid 2G, options.

2 Likes

FYI, it’s Mabrey.

Now get off my lawn.

3 Likes

If the slightest guy on team can take charge…than, everyone can…Kamari pops right back up.

Your latest commitment to D update.

2 Likes

Collect them all!!

1 Like

i know that talking about Purdue isn’t going over well on the basketball board but this reminds me of Gene Keady. He would have guys just take charges all day until the ‘PLAY HARD’ printed on their butts wore off. I love this!

No one get’s as illogically excited about Miami hoops seasons as I do, but I think it’s a big stretch to say that this line-up is better than last year, particularly the top 5. Dae Dae and Delonte are/were really talented players. I think that’s what made the past few years so difficult to handle. We had some really good players, and solid role guys like Precious - but we played very little team offense or defense. I think we’re probably a 6-8 win MAC team this year.

I REALLY hope, I’m wrong. I think things are absolutely trending in the right direction, but I’m hoping not to read “Steele is a bum, this team only won 7 MAC games” posts in the a few months.

Maybe I’m just setting my bar low to avoid the disappointment from the past few years?

7 Likes

Sounds good…I’m sure being an Indiana born guy, Steele has some Knight/Keady influence passed down or studied from a defensive mindset…

I think we’ll be much improved.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t discount how much cohesion, organization and disciple, on both ends of the court, will help.

1 Like

We had an ok starting 5 talent wise last year. But no bench. The overall depth is way better and the coaching/cohesion will be as well. There’s no doubt we’ve had talent in the past (Dae Dae, Delonte, Mac frosh of the year who went to Pittsburgh, kid who went to Saint Bonny and was on The Heat’s summer league team, the time traveling Weathers brothers…) this group has more overall depth. One man’s opine.

3 Likes

Players today are lots smarter than in decades past…so they typically pick up on the “culture” of their programs a lot faster…consequently, while our individual skills may not be quite as polished as in the recent past, I have to believe that the team will be better and will play better because they will have collectively figured out and accepted that they’re in a much better environment—and are being better instructed and coached on how to play better team basketball.

1 Like

He’s actually descended from the Pitino/Sendek coaching tree.

1 Like

I really need to look over this roster before the season starts. I’ve never seen so many new faces from one session to the next. Exciting!

Fwiw, one of my students at UC played against Billy Smith in HS. Said he scored something like 27 against them.

3 Likes

Eli Yofan?

1 Like

1 Like

Does that mean he joins the team immediately?

I would think so. True Freshman?

1 Like

Eli looks like one heck of an athlete.

All section in volleyball and soccer. Player of the Year in basketball.

Finished 4th in the state in golf.

Pittsburgh Trib athlete of the year in 2022.

Both parents are Miami grads.

3 Likes