MIAMI AT UMASS-GAME THREAD

Not sure why I am starting this but here you go:

Miami actually opened as a favorite in this game on the betting lines. I don’t bet, but have friends who do, who told me. I was actually a bit surprised by that. But UMass just suffered a pretty bad loss this past weekend as well. Although not to an 0-4 team.

Hard to get too enthused right now, Bluesman. I thought I was at my lowest after we blew the UC game, but the gritty comeback win over UConn gave me hope.

And the even though our third string QB plays pretty decent, bad clock management and play calling (along w some porous defense) result in loss to one of FBS’ worst teams. :weary_face:

1 Like

The battle of teams bouncing back from horrible losses.

Unless the team somehow turns it around, I’m outta here probably til basketball season begins.

Go Miami!

3 Likes

The marketing skills to sell this to our fan base would be hard to imagine.

LBs Blayne Myrick, Malcolm McCain, and CJ Young were all-conference selections last year, but have been a bit Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde so far this season. They either have been outstanding and dominating or missing in action.

Defense and OL were supposed to be the “strong suits” of this team. Neither has. To me, best unit has been the WR/TE group. And McComb.

7 Likes

We should beat UMass. They just got obliterated by a bad EMU at home. If we don’t…

I sure hope you are right. UMASS is on the road. We just lost to an 0-4 BGSU at HOME!

This is a UMUST win!

1 Like

Team that showed up Sat vs BG will lose BADLY.

1 Like

I’ll be at this game. I don’t know why. I don’t want to. But I’ll be there.

5 Likes

robert-california-lizard-king

1 Like

It shouldn’t take 13 years to create a dominant program from a dumpster fire. Cignetti proved that at Indiana. Dumpster fires seem to be being turned around by first year coaches at Oklahoma State and UCLA this season.

1 Like

Is this supposed to mean something? Rutgers has 1 win over an FCS team and that’s it

It does if you consider the difference between in the resources available.

1 Like

According to Chuck Martin, the differences in resources available are the very reason we will never compete with the likes of… Pittsburgh.

But, also, according to Chuck Martin, don’t you dare mention the difference in resources between Miami and Bowling Green because IN THE MAC EVERY GAME IS A BATTLE.

7 Likes

I think it’s fair to start looking at our DC and how poorly the defense is managed. Both play calling and personnel wise. We continue to run base 4/3 and fall back into a soft zone, while mediocre QB’s have all day to pick us apart. Good QB’s look like Heisman winners. I know Myrick was one of the fastest players on the team (not just LB) during testing, but he mysteriously comes off the field on 3rd downs. I love McCain, but he is a major liability is pass coverage. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

Agree DC has to be called out