Miami at Notre Dame Week

Per Marcus Freeman, the Irish’ starting center is out for the season. Their Offensive Line Right Guard is out for this week’s game. Star DL Jordan Patello is out for the season after sustaining a knee injury at Purdue. Wishing a speedy full recovery to all of these guys!

4 Likes

Above all else I hope the gentleman are not hurt severely. That having been said I did look up their replacements. Unfortunately they have over 25 combined starts. It is hard to believe that there would be a huge drop off in performance.

I edited this post. I accidentally wrote that I hoped Notre Dame’s players were hurt. That is most certainly not the case

1 Like

Don’t think the Irish will lose a 2nd MAC game.

Hope team comes out of game with no injuries.

1 Like

Only chance we win is if Chuck decides he really really wants to beat Notre Dame and completely changes how we play to specifically compete with ND. But I doubt he will do it

2 Likes

He was being a ND fan boy in the press conference. Makes it sound like we’re not going to play to win the game which is super annoying even if they don’t have that much of a chance

3 Likes

I’m thinking him being a ND fan boy might give him extra motivation

2 Likes

May have 3 tickets in Miami section for game. May be unable to attend due to a health issue for my buddy. I will know tomorrow for sure. DM me if you are interested.

1 Like

Going to the game with two other Miamians from Cleveland, and meeting a fourth from Chicago there.
Go Miami!

3 Likes

As Chuck pointed out in his presser, the backups to the injured ND players never even visited a MAC school so they are far superior to any of our players.

I think that’s word for word the pre-game speech that Thomas Hammock gave his team.

9 Likes

Irish favored by 4 TDs. Not sure that’s enough. We’re not as good as many of us were hoping, and ND showed against Purdue that they’re not going to be letting their guard down again anytime soon.

1 Like

Danny Kannell took Miami and the points today and Chip Patterson took the Under. Neither have great confidence in Miami’s offense because of the lack of a running game and Brett’s recent tendency to throw picks in critical situations. Both agreed Miami’s defense is “salty” and keeps the RedHawks in games against good teams. They pointed out Miam’s defense has guaranteed the Under in 7 straight games.

2 Likes

Please don’t report me to CPS for dragging my kids to their 3rd Miami football game in 4 weeks.

3 Likes

Is ND too fast for us to run jet sweeps and any other outside runs? I just don’t wanna see us run for zero to negative yards inside, particularly on something like a 2nd and 4 or 5 yards to go after we complete a short pass on first down. We hurt many a drive against UC with the occasional Mozee up the middle for nuthn’ plays.

If we do run between the tackles for gosh sakes give it to Downing or Brunson. Only use Mozee when it’s a play designed for him to get out in space to use his speed.

5 Likes

Brunson and Downing should be getting the rock every time we run the ball. Mozee has not been hitting the hole hard enough. I really hope they only use him for an occasional outside run or screen

5 Likes

Chuck is setting up ND. We are getting ready to see Miami compete and an extremely high level. The rust is off Brett. ND I has not been getting a stellar performance from Leonard so far this year. We will limit them on offense. ND has all the pressure on them. They can’t afford a second loss to a MAC team. We are going to win.

6 Likes

Love the optimism

1 Like

You more than anyone I know has accurately picked the correct outcome time and again. I’m in. But, he needs to light The Brunson Burner in the backfield just like I did in science class back in 1911.

1 Like

All the Notre Dame pundits - and there are hundreds, if not thousands of them - are completely convinced Purdue proved they are back to being invincible

Give it your best shot, RedHawks!

2 Likes

After 8 carries for 33 yards against Northwestern, Brunson didn’t play against uc. In the doghouse or injured? Whatever the reason I wouldn’t be optimistic he makes a difference this week.

2 Likes