Miami at Notre Dame Week

Brunson wasnt on the MAC’s required players unavailable list on Saturday.

He needs to start. Like Amos last year, I have given him an ideal knickname. The Brunson Burner is right there ready to go. Same with O’Henry. I work all day doing this so Chuck had better be paying attention.

3 Likes

If you go back and listen to Coach Martin’s preseason discussion on the RBs, he had a somewhat cryptic message regarding Brunson, which I interpreted (maybe wrongly) as he (Brunson) needs to practice harder and learn the offense.

3 Likes

If we wanna run inside, we really need him.

I watched Downings videos several times. I was very impressed with his ability to run against P3,4,5 teams. He has a good burst when he gets the ball. Chuck said he was like Amos, only faster. Has good size so he can carry guys for a couple yards.
I agree that running the little guys off tackle is not a great plan. If we want to stay in this game, we have to run the ball a lot better. Lots to demand of OL. D will be very good, if Ty Wise is playing. Need him to play well. No mistakes. No penalties. No turnovers. Keep their offense on the bench.
I guess that pretty well covers the obvious.

1 Like

I’m in South Bend (well, Mishawaka, but it’s 500 yards from South Bend). The Loyola-Chicago cross-country team is staying at my hotel. There is at least some Miami representation in the lobby.

7 Likes

Well, I mean, they are Notre Dame. Obviously they should win. I just know they ( coaches) are very anxious about losing another game to a MAC team. Miami is dangerous to a team like ND. Gabbert is seasoned and looks to be completely back. ND is taking this game very seriously. Ya never know, CM would love to leave South Bend with a W. I can’t wait to watch this game.

3 Likes

My senior year, we played ND in tennis. They put us up in these super nice condos the top football boosters got to stay in. We walked the campus in the snow and it was spectacular. They were way better on paper than us but we played lights out and almost won the match losing 4-3. Came down to a tight 3 setter. I hope these guys can get the W we should have got.

4 Likes

Swanky looking place!

Hope you get over to the campus to see how ND game day preps

2 Likes

NIU won the line of scrimmage against ND. They knocked ND off the ball. We haven’t done that yet in the first 2 games. Another thing that happened in the NIU/ND game, or at least appeared so, was that ND didn’t run Leonard after the 1st drive, benefitting NIU’s defense.

1 Like

According to Notre Dame’s official shirt for the game… Miami will be rocking the iconic black helmets tomorrow. Remember all of those amazing wins the program collected while wearing our black helmets?!?!?

2 Likes

Well the shirt is wrong…
https://x.com/miamifbeq/status/1837213708386288007?s=46&t=ZH1fFGwu8Q0191V3SgsUtQ

1 Like

What section is the Miami section today? For folks that are buying tickets today.

We’re in Section 114.

Still have 3 in best seating area in Miami section for MU fans. DM me if interested.

1 Like

3 Likes

Open up a can Redhawks! (JMU just did it to UNC and UC just did it to Houston.)

3 Likes

53 points in the first half!!

1 Like

Let’s go Hawks!!

2 Likes

Is Dan Hicks really going to say “Miami Ohio” every single time?

2 Likes