Miami at Northwestern 2024

“ We don’t care, We’ll Play them in the Parking Lot!” CM

I stand corrected. The demolition of Ryan Field is beginning soon, per The Daily Northwestern.

So, where does Miami play NU? Soldier Field? Yager? Wrigley?

Strong Pearl Jam Wrigley rumors that wkd.

I suggest Bee Gee. Easy drive for me. :blush:

a little more information on where Northwestern will play in 2024 HERE.

A “combination of venues”

REMINDER: Game scheduled for 8/31

OF NOTE:
Cubs on road from 8/23 to 9/1
Sox at home on 8/31
NFL Schedule released in May

Soldier Field is already booked for Chicago MLS vs Messi and Miami that weekend

Couldnt they play in the largest HS stadium in the area and still probably have empty seats?

I could see our game getting moved to Thursday/Friday for Soldier. It would seem to be a relatively easy change IMO because it’s week 1

Move it to Yager.

2 Likes

I think there’s a 90% chance that’s what ends up happening, it’d probably improve our TV network compared to a Saturday matchup. Knowing Sayler he’d be happy with that versus moving to Oxford (likely reducing the seven-figure payday by quite a bit). Wrigley would be amazing but I doubt the Cubs will let a team ruin their grass before their season is done.

1 Like

Can’t play at Polk High’s field……that place is built for legends

1 Like

I don’t think Wrigley will be used until baseball season is over because it takes a lot of effort to get ready for football. Maybe early season @ Soldier then move to Wrigley?

Guaranteed Rate doesn’t make a ton of sense, unless they are getting a significant break on rent.

I’d be shocked if MLS/Soldier Field would want us ripping up the turf before Messi plays there.

1 Like

Pearl Jam is playing at Wrigley on 8/29 and 31

1 Like

I guess that will work for halftime entertainment

2 Likes

If only someone had predicted this ~27 days ago in this very thread. :wink:

(Better news than Wrigley: they’re coming through Missoula again 8/22/24. Got the AirBnB and hopefully tix next Friday)

The Chicago Park District (Soldier Field landlord) doesn’t give much of a shit, they do all kind of events throughout the fall that tear up the grass and leave the field in a poor state for the Bears late in the season.

In unrelated news, Kansas has to play their whole season at Arrowhead and the KC MLS stadium while they renovate. With traffic it’ll be a faster drive from Lawrence to the Truman Sports Complex in a different state than from Evanston to Soldier Field in the same metro area.

This is silly. Turn Miggs Field into a temporary venue. Portable bleachers + SRO beyond that. Problem solved!

1 Like

This guy had a great idea! :point_up_2:

2 Likes

That’s a Sellout! @Green Bay!

AND, Miami ( “ The Real”) Lambeau field game commemorative Green and Gold Jerseys sell in perpetuity.

1 Like