MACtion

At the risk of drawing the ire of Ballcoach, I sure am worried about our ability to compete w OU after watching their efficient offense tonight…much more aggressive on offense play calling than we are…but the key was that Rourke was very accurate tonight.

4 Likes

Ball coach probably expects us to score at least 30 and hold them to under 20 - because we’re headed in the right direction. His positivity is the key to overcoming our negativity. We will win big because BC thinks we will.

3 Likes

After watching tonight’s game, I am sad to say that I am not optimistic…besides OU having a good offense, I am stuck with our offensive scheme of continuing to do what has not worked previously. To win, we will need great D, a much better game plan, and a great game by Brett and his receivers.

2 Likes

Ohio torched us in the first half last year in Athens, then we had about 400 yards in passing in the second half but never quite caught them, I think we lost by 2 and the score was in the 30’s. Ohio now controls the East, but they will probably have to win out. This gives us a great opportunity to destroy their season and possible championship. If we can’t win it, nothing better than ruining OU’s season, like we did in 2018. This will be a challenging, fun game next Tuesday night. It really gives us something to get fired up about. Screw OU!

1 Like

We will need our best played game of the year to beat OU…do so and the way is clear for a bowl berth.

1 Like

Ohio looked really good tonight. We have our work cut out for us. We will have to play our best game of the season against these guys.

I believe my work here is done.:v:

2 Likes

Challenging yep, but I doubt fun. I haven’t seen us play in a fun game for some time. Our wins even involve high amounts of frustration.

1 Like

I didn’t watch OU last night. Here’s my summary of their play: they suck because they always suck and we’re going to crush them on Tuesday.

The 56th Rourke is worse than Jason Preston. Dude sucks.

1 Like

Our loss to Buffalo looks bad, and our win over Kent State has lost its luster. Our wins this year are unimpressive, and our losses are bad. Bottom line - win out of absolutely time for a head coaching and offensive coaching change.

1 Like

I’ll get the athletic marketing team right on it!

All of a sudden it’s looking like UNI is the worst team left on our schedule…

2 Likes

Ah, LaBron -alias BC1 - has simply negotiated a winning season for us. We obviously have nothing to fear.

And NIU was tied with Ohio at 17 late in the fourth in Athens before giving up the winning TD with 4 minutes left. And they played the game without Lombardi.

1 Like

The negativity hasn’t been unrelenting. There have been peaks of optimism and valleys of disappointment - like when we led UC by two scores in 2017 and lost…like when we reeled off 6 straight, played surprisingly well against Mississippi State and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory…like when we thought we were going to get our first OOC FBS win in OT at Army and lost in 2 OT… like when we got into a makeshift bowl and beat UNT in 2021, landed our best recruiting class and took a 10 point lead at Kentucky - only to be blown out in the second half and lose our All MAC QB for much of the season…like getting excited because we beat Kent only to lose two straight - to BG and Western - to ruin our MAC East prospects.

Every time we get excited for the winning FG, Lucy pulls the ball away from Charlie Brown and he slips and falls.

3 Likes

Better crowd at Ohio.

1 Like

Hard to have sustained optimism when the team itself is W-L-W_L. That doesn’t exactly build fan momentum. Just saying.

1 Like

Well time to do to OU, what they did to us…they were the club that was down, figuring it out last year.

Putting faith in our Offense to be “electric” come out big is hard to imagine…but will put final nail in OC debate.

1 Like

No…UB just got whipped…

UB destroyed BG, beat Toledo…our loss to Broncos looks bad, really bad, BG disappointing…even bad…UB is good, just got rolled by a hot team.

1 Like

Western Michigan’s our team tonight.