MACademics - US News Rankings 2022-2033

CW, your post reminds me of a time about 10 years ago where I was sitting next to a guy from Exxon-Mobile on a Southwest flight between Amarillo and Dallas. Despite being obnoxious and slightly drunk, the Exxon-Mobile guy, when he found out I was a Miami grad, said that Exxon-Mobile loved hiring Miami grads from the Farmer School of Business because they were so well-prepared compared to graduates of other schools. He specifically singled-out Ohio State grads as those who were not as well-prepared as those hires who graduated from Miami. I hear stuff like this quite often when people learn that I’m a Miami grad, so that’s why I take the U.S. News & World Report rankings with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

ExxonMobil…for the record.

My fondness for Mobile, AL got the better of me.

3 Likes

Interesting news, we’re 20th in the nation overall/5th among publics in the number of grads with a net worth above $30 million.

1 Like

The only problem with this is that none these people post on Hawktalk. We need to get a couple of those guys ( or gals) hooked and things might get better quickly.

How can you be certain? Wealth is personal and very private for some. My first exposure to this concept was as a kid. We had a close family friend who was worth over 100mm and drove a beater. Also wore clothes with holes. I only knew about the wealth part because I overheard my folks talking about him through the wall between my bedroom.