MAC Tournament Watch

Toledo is up by more than 40 on BG with two minutes to go, which clinches our spot in the tournament.

Kent St beat Buffalo earlier tonight to clinch the 2 seed, so we’ll likely be playing them on Thursday.

Owens almost blew a 20 point game that why he needs to go

1 Like

We won by 13. Yes, it got down to 5, but I never got the feeling we were going to lose. Many reasons to show him the door; tonight wasn’t one of them.

I could see Toledo mess around and lose to Central.

1 Like

Game 3 on Thursday vs. Kent

probably last game of the season. Hoping for an upset.

My favorite time of year. Nothing but optimism.

3 wins from the dance. 9 wins from a national championship. Jack’s job probably on the line. Last chances for the seniors to make some noise.

Let’s win some games.

7 Likes

Agreed. It’s weird, things already have a different feel to them this week. Let’s go on a run and get batshit crazy.

1 Like

Would love to see it, but here’s what I expect:
Senderoff will have a thorough game plan and Miami will wonder why they can’t get any good looks. Chucking threes will commence. Let’s hope they go in.

Every year without fail I talk myself into this team. It’s certainly tough work this year, but honestly, It’s 3 games and no one in this league is bulletproof. Let’s win 3.

1 Like

Every year, some 13-20 team wins a conference. Why not us. Mac is not bulletproof. Top 3 teams have all had close games against crappy teams at one point or another.

Is this true? I would be surprised if many 20 loss teams qualify for the tournament

Yes it’s true. Every year without fail you get some team that gets in with a losing record on account of winning their tourney. Fang Mitchell took Coppin State when they were like 13-14 wins. If you Google “worst teams to make the ncaa you’ll see that it’s more common than you think.

We’re 2-10 against the seven other teams in this tournament. We may upset Kent, but we ain’t winning three.

At least this site gives us a 1.65% chance:
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/conference-tournaments/mid-american-bracket/

I went to that site and it didnt show one team in the tournament with 20 losses- which is what I objected to

1 Like

I’m drunk!

3 Likes

Always a chance…Miami will not suddenly start to play good bball…but as noted above…maybe K
amari Williams turns into Jason Stewart.

PS Defense has been a bit better in stretches.

I’d prefer Ron Harper…but…

I mean there are levels of dreaming I suppose…LOL.

Kamari is playing well…maybe he hits some big shots or treys in bunches.