MAC Championship Friday and Saturday in Oxford

Once again, by winning the league, Miami gets to host the conference tournament, winner gets the automatic NCAA bid.

Friday November 4 Semifinals

11:30 Ohio at Miami

2:30 Kent vs Appalacian State

Saturday November 5 Finals

2:00 Winners play for the Championship and the NCAA bid

For 7 straight years Miami has won the MAC regular season championship. No tournament was played in the Covid season. Otherwise we have also won the last 5 tournament championships.

After 3 quarters 0 to 0.

With 11 minutes to go Miami scores

Miami wins 1 to 0

Championship Saturday afternoon!

6 Likes

Out to dinner in Oxford and the entire field hockey team shows up. Happy group right now.

3 Likes

Which restaurant are they eating in - I ate early at Gaslight Brewhouse

Please tell me it’s Phan Shin. Lie to me if you have to.

Oxford Country Club

2 Likes

Phan Shin with the win!

Kent State beat App State 3-2 in OT, so once again the championship game comes down to Kent at Miami Saturday at 2:00.

1 Like

One minute before halftime, Miami scores.

At the half Miami 1 - Kent zero

1 Like

Stats showing zero shots for Kent thus far, assuming they were “parking the bus” (to use a soccer term), but now trailing they’ll have to open up and send numbers forward. Hope that means Miami gets some good chances in the 3rd.

Miami scores again early in the 3rd period.

12 minutes left - Miami scores again!

4 Likes

Kent scores with 8 minutes to go.

Miami 3 - Kent 1

Miami wins!

NCAA is next!

Miami wins 3-1. Another MAC championship!!

3 Likes

I don’t care what sport or level of competition you’re playing, 6 titles in a row (let alone 6 regular season/tournaments in a row) is incredible. Congrats to the program, hope they make noise in the NCAA tourney.

5 Likes

Yea us!

Here’s Miami’s 2nd goal today… holy crap!

https://x.com/macsports/status/1720878640232096044?s=61

2 Likes

From a pure consistency standpoint this program might actually be our historical best. I’d be hard pressed to think of another run in school history quite like what they’ve done. Just awesome. Now, let’s go win some games in the show.

5 Likes

Miami plays Cal in Evanston Wednesday. Winner plays #2 seed Northwestern on Saturday. UNC is the #1 seed in the other bracket.

1 Like