MAC bowl games

Huskies trying to give the game away with 1:34 left.

Looks like NIU just might survive. Gave up a TD to cut their lead to 21-19 but ASU missed the 2 point conversion. Onside kick pending.

Seriously

1 Like

MAC catches a break. On side kick covered by ASU but questionable offsides called on Wolves. NIU recovers the second one. Butch almost has a stroke.

1 Like

Bright, sunny and crisp 39 degree day in Boise. And we got the Monsoon Bowl. Lucky us!

ASU was not offsides but, apparently, the call was not reviewable…and I also thought Jones was going to stroke out.

2 Likes

Yep to both. We saw no one off sides on the several replays. A stroke looked inevitable.

1 Like

Going to be funny if everyone in the MAC wins their bowl games and we don’t. Funny in a horribly unfunny way. But good for the conference.

1 Like

Happy for a great season, but selfishly still annoyed we lost. 12-2 and the possibility of being ranked would have made watching these games more enjoyable, especially since we don’t have anything to occupy us with hockey and basketball

1 Like

Yeah. What an annoying, worthless bowl game it turned out to be. During Hawktalk last night Bake said he would hardly call it a game.i agree completely. We’d have probably been better off with lightning all afternoon and a cancellation.

1 Like

did bake ever say why chuck martin wasnt on the show- maybe he knew what was coming

NIU controlled this game for the most part with 40 minutes TOP, but almost found a way to blow it in the end. Glad to see them pull it out.

2 Likes

In regards to the story you posted. Check out the situation the University of Montana is in and what their rival Montana State helped with.

If Toledo has a contribution site, it may be something to donate to.

1 Like

Early but EMU defense looks slow with poor tackling to boot.

I think EMU is gonna get blown out.

They’re getting schooled early.

I’m sorry. But this is a perfect example of what is wrong with bowl season. A 6-6 eastern team getting worked over by another 6-6 mid major

Congratulations….here’s your phucking participation trophy

4 Likes

On their home field.

I’ve got no problem with hooking up two teams with identical records. You can never predict what happens on the field. See 2022 season national championship game: Georgia 65 TCU 7 - shortly after TCU beat Michigan.

Eastern is so bad. Yeah, they’re bowl eligible, but here are their 6 wins:

Howard
UMass
Ball St.
Kent
Akron
Buffalo

And yes, I know we beat most of these teams as well, but we had some quality wins, too.

They are embarrassingly bad in this game…so slow.