Kent State (Homecoming) Week

The Athletic’s Austin Mock handicaps Miami - Kent. I wonder if he understands Gabbert is not playing.

Miami Ohio +6 (-110) vs. Kent State

Kent State is getting a ton of respect in the market since their solid showing against defending champion Georgia and my model thinks it’s too much. We were on Miami Ohio last week too so my model is definitely a fan. This makes for a pretty big edge. Miami isn’t good, but at home and catching points certainly makes me feel better. After all, the Redhawks were less than a minute away from taking down Buffalo last week.

Worst line to bet: Miami Ohio +3 (-110)

Model projection: Miami 33.5, Kent State 30.6

Kent State at Miami Ohio over 56.5 (-110) (to win 0.5 units)

This is also a pretty sizeable edge, but since I’m already on a side in this one, I’m reducing risk here. Kent State likes to play at a fast pace, which should help us out here and its defense is just terrible. I think Kent State is being boosted a bit by its performance against Georgia, but the Golden Flashes are bad. Maybe my model also has too much faith in the Miami offense, but my model has this game getting well into the 60s. Again, this could be a double loss if I’m overrating Miami so that’s why I’m reducing risk on this play, but both plays are pretty big edges here so I feel comfortable making both bets here.

Worst line to bet: Over 59 (-110)

Model projection: Miami 33.5, Kent State 30.

1 Like

But has he seen our recruiting?!?

A Miami win won’t be 33-30 it would be a low score win where Miami holds the ball for 35 + minutes and ekes out a win.

Miami has lost to 2 currently ranked teams and the Bulls in the final minute and beat a FCS team and the worst BIG 10 team.

I don’t have a clue yet how good or bad Miami is…

1 Like

Anyone going to be in town for this one? Me +9 right now. Tailgating at noon. Taking my daughter to her first Miami football game.

5 Likes

Bleacher Report says Kent 35 Miami 24.

24 points?

Miami will be wearing throwback uniforms this weekend against Kent State.

It makes me feel old that they’re “throwing back” to the early 2000’s

2 Likes

They’re these with thicker, more modern stripes

2 Likes

The Kiss!

Not really-the new ones have Miami on the front, a white collar, no number on the sleeves, different font on the numbers and letters, white stripe towards the bottom and as you said thicker stripes. I guess maybe they are the same, they are red

Watched the replay of Hawktalk at LaRosas this morning. Keyon said the offense has been emphasizing accuracy in the passing game all week. There were references by both CM and Keyon about “bringing how you practice to the game” - referencing the passing attack. CM confirmed that Blakey is out injured tomorrow but that McWood is back.

McWood back is great news.

5 Likes

I’d be happy if the QB played like Boucher did after Dysert went down in 2010.

4 Likes

I’m getting married today. Not gonna post the game live, but lets win one and go on the way to 11-3. Love and honor bitches!

15 Likes

A Fall wedding? SMH, May mollaut have mercy on your soul.

8 Likes

And on Miami’s Homecoming Saturday. I see serious some serious domestic discussions on the horizon.

Who’s at the game?

There are very few people here

And fewer students. Terrible. If theres 300 students its a lot. Slim crowd and beautiful …perfect day GO HAWKS!

Chuck Martin sporting a Benedictine monk look today.

1 Like