Kent men at Miami tonight

Thanks for throwing the score in with the comments. Is anyone surprised at the way the team is playing? Obviously I didn’t see it, but the absence of one of our studs just adds to an ever growing list of excuses.

1 Like

67-51 under 4 timeout

1 Like

Could be another second half win🥴

Moral victory!

2 Likes

My man

First I am mad that they lose close game - now I am mad they are getting blown out- I need to make up my mind

1 Like

I didn’t watch a second of this game. Seems like I missed very little. I know GT is one of the worst teams in the ACC, but boy how that result fooled me.

How can anyone, and I do mean anyone, look at this team and not feel a new coach is needed?

1 Like

CMU beat BG tonight. They also beat this Kent team AT Kent. Scratch those as auto wins. Central and Western at home are they only games I’m “confident” in. Could we really only win 2 more this season?

After watching tonight’s mess in person, if Dalonte isn’t back, not even sure about getting 2 more.

Nightmare night for Harrison. He was -25 in 12 minutes. Nobody else was worse than -11. Avance was in the positives again.

We pride ourselves on having a nationally ranked business school but when it comes to how we look at basketball, we aren’t making very good business decisions. Or at least the powers that be aren’t. They fail to see it as a profit center. That by investing back into it we might actually make both money and gain prestige which in turn would lead to even more money. In marketing, when brands start to tank and profits sink, crappy companies do the same thing. They cut innovation (too much money) and the product/ marketing suffers. Then marketing gets cut. And prices go into discount mode and then not too long later, the brand is divested. Or bought by a VC for cheap. This is not apples to oranges to our situ but it’s shockingly similar IMO. I honestly want to know if any of it matters. Is there a roadmap, a vision of what systemic success looks like. For long term success. For any of the questions we all wonder. I believe men’s basketball can be great again. I just hope it matters enough to leadership.

3 Likes

Another poor shooting team had a good night against our now 351st ranked 3 point field goal percentage ranked defense. Santiago for Kent was 4 for his last 34 from 3 coming into tonight and went 3/8. It is a race to the bottom.

This was a bad basketball game, period. We played poorly, and frankly without much pride for most of the game. Then the margin was cut because Kent lost focus as they have typically done under Senderhoff. They missed layups, took bad shots, and fell asleep some on defense. They did enough in the last 10 minutes to win comfortably.

Lairy isn’t 100%, but there’s still no excuse for his poor shot selection and out-of-control play. 7 turnovers! Defensively, he wasn’t good either, as was Grant. Grant lets himself get taken out by every screen, doesn’t recover quickly, and goes for the quick steal too often.

I was impressed with how many students came and stayed for the whole game. They all weren’t exactly into the game, but they were still there.

1 Like

I love this post. It captures perfectly my frustration with Miami Administration and basketball.

1 Like

We paid the students to come…$2500. Atmosphere was pretty good considering the performance. It got rowdy when we went on a 17-0 run ( of course we were down 30 when it started).

Can you elaborate on the $2500 that was paid? Was it somehow raffled off?

When we lost to UC, I was sad. When we lost to ISU, I was mad. These last several losses, I don’t even care anymore. I used to be a huge hoops fan (and honestly still am), but this is what the administration and coaching have done to me.

3 Likes

We’re all the way down to 228 in the Kenpom rankings. We were in the 130 range as recently as the WMU game. The defensive efficiency rating is 322 out of 358, which is completely inexcusable.

1 Like

A veteran team doesn’t guarantee you a good team, but I feel that such a team should be at least average on D.

1 Like

I enjoyed watching former Redhawk Jalen Adaway and his Bonnies vs. Davidson on CBSSN.

1 Like