Kent men at Miami tonight

First, Dick is sure as hell no genius.

Kent is a good team, first division talent in the MAC this year, and we will have to play a heck of a lot better than we have in the last couple of weeks. Having played a couple of games without Dalonte Brown and with Mekhi Lairy at far less than full speed, we should have made some adjustments and have tried different things and might have found something in the second half at EMU. Anyway, by now we should be ready to play at a higher level than the last two games. There is still time to turn the season around with a strong push towards tournament time, hopefully it starts tonight. Coach Owens and his staff need to get this thing back on track to get their career paths back on track.

1 Like

[quote=“DICK, post:1, topic:917, full:true”]
First, Dick is sure as hell no genius.

Kent is a good team, first division talent in the MAC this year, and we will have to play a heck of a lot better than we have in the last couple of weeks. Having played a couple of games without Dalonte Brown and with Mekhi Lairy at far less than full speed, we should have made some adjustments and have tried different things and might have found something in the second half at EMU. Anyway, by now we should be ready to play at a higher level than the last two games. There is still time to turn the season around with a strong push towards tournament time, hopefully it starts tonight. Coach Owens and his staff need to get this thing back on track to get their career paths back on track.
[/q

Vegas favors Kent by 1. I have Kent winning by at least 6. Let’s see how this one plays out.

I was just looking at some team stats on Yahoo Sports for the Miami - Kent game.

Miami has a higher field goal (44.6% vs 42.6%), free throw (78.2% vs 76.9%), and 3pt (34.2% vs 30.0%) percentage than Kent. Also more points (1465 vs. 1381) and more rebounds per game (36.2 vs 35.6). Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

1 Like

Awful start

I think I’ve seen this movie several times. Well, tomorrow is Groundhog Day, isn’t it.

1 Like

We’re getting worse and worse every game. Benjamin Button style.

1 Like

I did not renew my ESPN + account. Put a score up every so often please.

24-8 kent

At the 10 minute mark

You’re a glutton for punishment. It’s ugly… start drinking.

Is Dalonte Brown the most valuable player in the MAC? Our results would suggest so lol

31-10 …getting uglier

Truly, truly awful

1 Like

Bake has to be feeling like Bob Uecker in Major League by now.

2 Likes

How much more does our erstwhile AD need to see? Make this nonsense stop!

3 Likes

Here’s the way this one plays out:

Kent will be up really big at halftime…really big

Miami will lose by about 10-12, maybe 15 and the presser will focus on the “furious second half comeback that just wasn’t enough to overcome the slow start.” In truth, Kent will be playing their bench-riders midway in the second half…keep that in mind when you contemplate the "furious second half comeback.

6 Likes

Kent is so much more quicker than Miami in every aspect of the game. We look like we’re wearing concrete shoes.

38-14 kent

1 Like

This is one of the most poorly coached games I can remember. On par with the worst of the Cooper era. Absolutely zero defensive standard, terrible shots on offense.

2 Likes