Ivy Wolf and Peyton Scott

I would rather get this ship back on course and if that means one recruiting class is affected, so be it.

3 Likes

Agree and the next coach will probably rebuild first with the transfer portal anyway

1 Like

The powers that be have to stop digging the hole that Miami sports are in now. Failing to make coaching changes when it is obvious it must be done, is their failure. Blaming a lack of what represents a relatively small amount of money to try something/someone new is extremely short sided. Get the BoT to figure out that spending millions while not generating anywhere near the same is a failure. If this was a company, there would be a new CEO and long-term planning would be the norm, not the exception.
A failure to be able to pay is not, in my mind, the determining factor. Find the damn money or quit, give someone else the opportunity, or drop some sports to spread the money around. Fball and menā€™s basketball must be revenue neutral, at worst. We are nowhere near that. Success breeds success at the ticket office and in raising money from alums/fans. Try it, if you dare. As it is said, get going or get out of the way.
About time to cut the lossesā€“literally and figuratively.

2 Likes

If we have only one pot of money for a buyout, Iā€™d rather use it on Bergeron.

1 Like

Don Treadwell is on line one for you. Says itā€™s urgent.

3 Likes

I stand by my opinion. This was a horrible hire. Worse than Treadwell. Results aside, this one should never have been considered.

Where we are now is the direct result of of failure by the board of trustees, the President, and the Athletic Director . They failed to fire the staff at the end of this season when they had clearly demonstrated for 4 years that they donā€™t know enough basketball to coach at this level. If our President and AD did not clearly understand that, they are not up to the job of running the program. In watching her coach, she just failed to teach the basics of the game in fundamental skills,execution of defensive and offensive systems, and a total failure to teach strategy of time and score. She was clearly the worst coach in the MAC and it was evident from the first season. 4 straight years of poor coaching. This is not like our hockey coaches Rico and Berge. They know what they are doing, we just donā€™t have the talent to win. The girls did have the talent, but they were failed not only by our head coach, but by the administration who stuck with her long after she had proven time and again that she just did not know enough basketball to do the job.

5 Likes

Yep, she should have never been hired. The mistake was then compounded by not firing her and the staff ASAP. I am older than dirt but truly believe I could have coached those first few teams to as many or more wins. I would have been cheaper. Could have hired Dick as an assistant and a person not to be named as a recruiter. Our buy out would have been minimal.

1 Like
1 Like

It will be a challenging first year (or two) for the new coach.

Depends in a way. Maybe we hire a coach who knows how to work the waiver wire (I mean portal) and we finish with 12 wins again at least. Bar is so low.

1 Like

I donā€™t blame Peyton. She is good enough to be a contributor to a Power 5 team. I wish her the best. Terrific player.

4 Likes

Sure hope that if Peyton doesnā€™t find exactly what she is looking for that she is welcomed back with open arms by the new coaching staff. A.D. guyā€¦this is on you!

2 Likes

Although I have mixed feelings about the LSU coach, I admire her ability to build a team of transfers and win immediately. Saw this with the FAU menā€™s team this year as well. I see no reason why someone canā€™t come in and win right away here and Peyton could be a huge piece of that. So could some of the others in the portal. The bar the last couple years has been so low itā€™s not like they are trying to recapture 24 wins and a conference title. My prediction is a good coach reaches a higher win total year one. Now, letā€™s see who we land for the job.

You just want her jacket. Come on, itā€™s OK to admit it.

3 Likes

I dress like Earnest from Earnest Goes to camp/Jail/Prison/Guantanamo/et all and I actually think I dresss better than that coach.

and now after the ā€œback storyā€ has come out, your words are even more true. A.D. has got to go!