Ivy Wolf and Peyton Scott

I don’t see it although maybe it was permanently deleted. It would be nice if all posters could permanently delete their own posts. Not just an admin.

I thought this was the case, but it looks like it might not be. I’ll look into the settings today

2 Likes

Ivy to the Dayton Flyers

Is that a step up? I don’t follow women’s hoops well enough to know

7-21 last season. I guess staying close to home was her #1 priority. I’d like to know who offered her.

1 Like

I was hoping to see her land in a bigger program. I feel like if we had a little more depth we’d be well ahead of UD. Feels lateral at best.

1 Like

Sad to lose her to UD. I didn’t realize we haven’t played them since 2009.

Click on link below or your liver will transfer to Wright State.

1 Like

UD has been a very strong program over the last 20 years with many NCAA performances and a Sweet 16. After the 2002 season their coach left for Illinois ( where she has improved the program quite a bit) and took all the returning stars with her to Illinois, leaving the program with very little. They hired former UConn All American and WNBA star Tamika Williams ( younger sister of former Miami player Mike Williams) who was coaching Wittenburg. They struggled to 7 wins but it is likely only a matter of time until they return to the dominant program in the A-10. I would say it is an excellent move for Ivy, staying close to home and going to a place that cares deeply about women’s basketball and leaving a place in which the people in charge seem to care very little.

2 Likes

Best of luck to Ivy. Sadly she made the right choice in leaving.

2 Likes

We can thank our athletic director for that not firing Hendrex

2 Likes

If he doesn’t have the money he can’t fire her. The mistake was hiring her in the first place.

8 Likes

Dayton will be fine. They only had 5 or 6 healthy players remaining on the women’s team this past season during the A10 Tournament. Tamika will have the team turned around soon, she’s got the knowledge and the experience to get there. And add in the 3 national championships she won at UConn, she knows what it takes to win.

Just not a good year for both basketball teams at Dayton with injuries, the men’s team was running out of healthy players, too.

Oh yeah! The full article about Ivy transferring

1 Like

But he gave owens an extension the end c of 2020 and then fired him the next year

1 Like

Ivy Wolf’s departure says a lot about her confidence level in her coach.

3 Likes

I think I also saw on their website that they had the best attendance in the A-10. If I’m playing, it would be nice to play in front of a larger crowd.

4 Likes

“can’t afford” a buyout

Contract terms: 4/29/19 to 5/31/24

Base Salary: $215,000

Buyout is $215,000 if termination occurs on or before the last basketball game played by the team in 2024.

2 Likes

If her departure says a lot, what does Scott and Kluse returning say? In the transfer portal world, are we really putting that much stock in a single player leaving?

1 Like

I don’t know what Cluse is thinking but Scott has one year of eligibility left and is on the verge of being the all time leading scorer. Plus, her family can easily come to watch her play. I doubt she is thinking of leaving. Her staying is saying she wants the record. Losing our starting point guard and leading scorer is a big deal, if only because we have so many marginal D1 players on the roster.

4 Likes

Grumpy: 5-Star spot-on comment. Agree totally. Scott will get her record so no reason to leave…plus her scoring ability alone has already virtually suggested she has an opportunity to play professionally…no matter where she comes from. Wolf will be a star at UD with a bigger audience and perhaps even some NIL deals thrown in…along with better career upside…and Cluse…well, I’d bet she may leave after next year…when there’s a coaching change and reality bites.

3 Likes

If we can save $215k in buyout money by waiting a year to make a move, it’s probably defensible to give Hendrix one last chance.

It’s unfathomable to me that Bergeron didn’t get canned given that his contract has no buyout savings from waiting a year.

2 Likes