Ivan Pace Transfer Portal

This decision was likely made a long time ago. To play G5, and embarrass yourself against OU on national tv and Kent in conference, fail to even win a division of the conference again this year, and lose OOC consistently again embarrassing yourself against teams you could/should have beat like Minnesota and Army. We should have 2 wins against UC in recent years but lost due to ineptitude. It is natural to want to disassociate yourself with that, especially if you feel you have the talent but don’t believe the coaches have what it takes to elevate. To win OOC you at least feel you and the Miami brand are mutually beneficial. Chuck created an environment where we have guys ripe to be plucked.

2 Likes

I’m restraining my true thoughts on what you said, but to say this is Chuck problem and not what’s going on across nearly every G5 program in the US is a new level of head in the sand.

6 Likes

Absolutely! Not a Miami problem - happening everywhere

2 Likes

This might be the dumbest post in the early history of the new MHT. Bummer because I had Greggie and the under.

3 Likes

I think that if I was Ivan, I would not transfer to the team that overlooked me in high school, did not offer me, and then in a later year, signed my younger brother.

Truth, scalper for the W

I smell NLI money as a/the reason for these and other transfers. Loyalty is a dead cat in college athletics. Organized/legalized cheating has made us and other non-Power 5s nothing more than the minor leagues for the Power teams. We get them, develop them, and when they produce at a high level, they buy them to fill their roster. They don’t have loyalty to anything but winning and making large amounts of money.
Am I pissed? Absolutely.

The amount of dirty money and corruption the NCAA imposed on schools is really disappointing.

3 Likes

Idiotic statement.

My statement above is a response to Scalper’s post. Don’t blame the coaches. This is the new realuty.

1 Like

I would say two of the nine All MAC guys are back next year

It seems from what people are saying that he knew he would be transferring for a while now. In that case, I think it’s worth appreciating that he played the bowl game, knowing that it wouldn’t “benefit” him at all. You have players who are going pro opting out of NY6 bowls so a transferring player sticking around to play in a 6-6 vs 6-6 game isn’t a given either.

We’re in a new world of college sports but I can’t really bring myself to get upset about a player choosing to do what seems best for their future.

2 Likes

Well that sucks.

3 Likes

We will surely miss their talents but if they don’t want to be here then I’m fine with it. For all we know there may be young guys on the roster who will be as good or better. Can anyone say they heard of Dominic Nardone before yesterday?

1 Like

Yeah, coaches are just using the system thr NCAA put in place. The NCAA can’t collapse fast enough

2 Likes

We are what the Kansas City A’s used to be for the 60s Yankees.

3 Likes

At least we had a winning record (unlike the 1960s Kansas City Athletics).

1 Like

Those A’s soon won three World Series in a row after moving to Oakland so its not impossible to break the cycle.

1 Like

Yea but we would have to move.

Hope we all like visiting Miami, Oklahoma.

2 Likes