Ivan Pace and Lonnie Phelps to Transfer

I absolutely agree, but I don’t know what he is thinking.

Maybe kansas can pay more

2 Likes

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!

1 Like

He got an offer from Kansas. He didn’t commit, did he?

About a month ago at Thanksgiving I put a note up here on one of the threads talking about transfers that Pace was rumored to be moving to UC to play with his brother. Got blasted for rumor mongering and rightly so as I didn’t name my source and asked to have it taken down and thanks to Jive and crew thankfully it was. It was first mention for Pace and I think I kind of said it’s a done deal.

I didn’t name names then and still won’t except to say it was a family member who’s full ride at UC and we were sitting shoulder to shoulder on the couch. Pretty good source for the most part.

Get ready folks, between “the portal” and NIL college football as we’ve known and loved it is headed for the crapper. Especially for places like Miami that can recruit the better 3 star guy and maybe/hopefully develop them.

4 Likes

I’ll grant you that, Blues. I don’t question anyone’s right to do what they want under the new rules, I don’t hate Pace for doing it, and I don’t wish him ill (other than losing when we play UC next year.) I just find it frustrating that so many, across all of college sports, seem to have loyalty/gratitude as a low priority. Why that is so would be the subject of a long thread about the non-sports related aspects of life.

1 Like

(Hit the reply button too soon to my note one above Blackbird)

In five to ten years from now we’re maybe not going to be able to recognize college football as we know it now. NIL and portal are going to change it totally. Think minor leagues for baseball. AAAAAA

Loyalty is a thing of the past. Coaches never had it and now neither do the players.

2 Likes

They had that one great coach in the 90’s. The man genie who was winning and then I think they fired him. Dude was like 4 bills. Used to give great interviews.

1 Like

Isn’t Lonnie Phelps Sr. a LaVar Ball-like character who is always hyping Jr. on social media?

3 Likes

In many cases, you are right. Hence the problem: Everyone on this board is loyal, so it bothers us.

1 Like

Nobody on this board has ever left their job for more money, better benefits, a better company, etc…

2 Likes

Can’t fault Pace…hope he was smart got degree at Miami during summer studies.

He’s from Cincy, can’t beat em…join em (his brother) and their success.

Phelps is a little stranger…wonder if he’s just testing the market…or would Miami have to resign him?

Stranger thing is Nowinsky and Hauser are maybe jumping ship to OU…slaps in face all around…players and coaches.

Anyone who pays attention on this board knows where all of your information on UC comes from.
On another note, they don’t have partial scholarships for football anymore. Every scholarship football player is on a full ride.

3 Likes

Good point. However, has no one on this board ever stayed with a company at a lower salary because they loved their job, the people, etc.?

3 Likes

It appears potentially more justified than on the surface…maybe poppa Phelps ain’t so Mello…

I’ve seen some Texas and Florida State rumors or pub…this guy thinks should be No. 1 on Texas list (Texas and FSU will not be down long…big time atmospheres). I’m mean Lonnie really shows up on film, stats are there too…unfortunate for us. But I assume Butler is coming back and we have some up and comers, maybe we get a transfer too.

2 Likes

The Athletic today has Ivan Pace listed as the 19th best player currently in the portal.

If the move for Pace to UC has supposedly been in the works for months, how come he hasn’t announced it yet? Seemed like it would be a pretty quick process.

Don’t know, maybe have to wait until term (January)…Pace disappeared from roster immediately, so there’s that.

Lonnie is getting interest from more than KU…Texas, FSU, Florida possibly and more.

2 Likes

Shelton is very high on Texas’s wish list.