Hockey Coaching Search

Decent listen from today. Talks about Miami being his dream NCAA job.

2 Likes

Glad we didn’t get this guy😂

2 Likes

In case anyone thinks the Mitchell incident should be a stain on Noreen’s character…

McEwen is from Massachusetts and decommitted from UMass in favor of Miami the day Noreen was hired. I’ll post his Twit-X bio picture and leave it at that:

She’s here! Say hi to @tbib :wave::smile:

2 Likes

Well, hi there @tbib ! You made it here, now kick off your shoes and set a spell!

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Why are we leaving it at that? Is said commit really good?

1 Like

The interesting thing about this is that McEwen’s grandfather (Toot Cahoon) was the hockey coach at UMass from 2000-2012. He literally grew up with UMass hockey. It says a lot that he decommitted from a school where he had that much history to follow Noreen to Miami.

6 Likes

Is Toot Cahoon the greatest name ever? It could very well be…

6 Likes

My only real comment on this is that they’d better have some sort of answer ready in case someone asks on Tuesday. I doubt anyone will, but not having an answer ready (both Sayler and Noreen separately) would be PR malpractice.

I was confused about the picture too but after seeing another picture of the kid I think bonk was pointing out the fact that he’s black. Kinda hard to tell in that picture though😂

love the diversity✊🏾

1 Like

Ah, well as long as he can play D1 hockey!

Part of Mitch Miller‘s problem was that he lied about his rehabilitation when he signed with the Bruins. He essentially forged all of his community service letters and recommendations that he presented as mitigation. He did these things when he was an adult, not a juvenile.

5 Likes

Yeah, you don’t wanna mess with that Miami sports media…

4 Likes

Yeah didn’t he tell everyone he had apologized to the kid and the family, and then the family said he hadn’t?

Like, this is lies he told as a grown-ass man, not as a ward of the juvenile court.

2 Likes

I checked out the “college commitments” (Rink Net)site;

TriCity sent players this year to:

Michigan (3)
AZ State. (1)
W. Michigan (1)
Quinnipiac (1)
Northern Michigan (1)
And I stopped searching, there are likely more
that will play in 2024-25 for good college programs.There are several hundred recruits listed.

1 Like

Noreen said at his opening presser that every player he had at Tri-City went D-1 except for a few who were high draft picks and went straight to the minors instead of college.

1 Like

True Dat!