Hendrix must go

What Chuck said.

The last three men’s coaches have not been Miami alums past on ron hunter and mr Henderson David has hired at one bad then gave him an extra in the off season then fired own the year after giving owens an extensions so why can’t he fired women’s basketball coach with one year left

1 Like

Ron Hunter was a great basketball player, not a coach. Nobody cares what school any coach graduated from. And you still haven’t answered where any buyout money is coming from.

I thin Ron Hunter has been a really good coach. Won a lot at iupui which is tough. Did really well at Georgia State. Seems to be turning Tulane around.

3 Likes

WTF? Ron Hunter is a very good coach. He has Tulane doing quite well in a pretty tough AAC. Tulane this year is 19-10. At Georgia State he was 171-75. In 8 seasons at Georgia State he won 3 regular season championships, 3 conference tournament championships and took his team to the NCAA tournament three times. His overall coaching record at IUPUI, Georgia State and Tulane is 447-330 or a .575 winning percentage. I am pretty sure many people on this board would be happy with that at Miami.

6 Likes

Jive your wrong he has turned iupi took Georgia State and Tulane are athletic director doesn’t care alums this basketball program has been horrible since Charlie colles contract wasn’t renewed

Still not confident steele turn us around he was fired at Xavier for a reason if you can’t turn Xavier around what makes you think he’ll turn us around

1 Like

Hey Theman, Steele has not even completed year one. We are in the tournament even though we back doored it. How about you give him at 3 years, then evaluate.

4 Likes

In my half awake state, i read Ron Harper after he tweeted he was upset Miami never considered him. Hunter is a great coach, albeit outside of Miami’s budget

6 Likes

What about the women’s head coach 4 years no winning record no Mac tournament and still has a job athletic director needs to maria fantanrosa made to consecutive nits tournaments and when David or got here he fired her for coach Cleve wright was an horrible decision to do that Megan Duffy leaves hires another horrible coach David needs to go

And Steele only in tournament because other teams lost he gave Owen’s contract extension they’re all season of 2020 and then fires him a year later

Agree on Hendrix but I think Steele knows the area well and is a superb recruiter (note successful Tri-State recruits coming in), and IMHO is an excellent choice to lead us back to relevance. Also came cheap for a Coach of his experience…he knows how to run a program and once a couple of his recruiting classes get here, we are going to contend in the MAC again!

4 Likes

Hunter fell off his rolling stool reading your comment. Again! Good thing he knows you were half asleep now. Still embarrassing for him though.

This made no sense whatsoever, but hey, you do you.

Ron hunter better the last three coaches we have had here

Ron Hunter makes more than our last 3 coaches combined. Where is this magic money coming from to get him?

Edit: and I strongly disagree with anyone who thinks Steele isn’t the right person for the job.

2 Likes

From TheMan’s imaginary unlimited buyout fund #EveryoneSucks.

1 Like

No disrespect to Henderson, but if he was gonna be a HC he would’ve been so by now …

1 Like

Meanwhile, UC fired their women’s basketball coach today

Coaches know intuitively whether they’re worthy of keeping their jobs. At a school with “minimal” financial resources, the equation can be muddled by an inability by the school to pull the plug at what both sides ought to agree is the right time.
Besides MONEY, considerations involved include won-loss record, recruiting ability, player development, ethical and moral conduct and fan engagement.
Thoughts?

1 Like