Hendrix must go

UC coach that was fired was 74-75 in her tenure at UC. Significantly better than Hendrix. But UC has money for this move. We apparently do not.

3 Likes

The athletic department just posted an International Women’s Day tribute to the women currently coaching at Miami and included Hendrix. Does that mean she’s back or am I reading too much into it?

You are reading too much into it. She is still the coach. I also don’t think Sayler will remove her.

1 Like

I dont think you are reading too much into it. Barring an abuse scandal or something they seem pretty committed to Coach D. They put in her in the last Miami commercial.

If he was going to remove her it would have happened by now. I’m sure she is going to the tournament in Cleveland.

Yes as a spectator. Not coaching.

2 Likes

It’s beginning to look like we can’t financially make any coaching changes - in the absence of untoward behavior - until a coach has completed his/her final contract year. That kills recruiting because every high quality recruit knows full-well that any coach with a dismal record in their final contract year without an extension is gone. This puts Miami squarely between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

2 Likes

For those interested, in 4 years, here is Hendrix’ record:

115 total games.

Overall:

35 wins
80 losses
.304 winning percentage

MAC play:

76 games
18 wins
58 losses.
.236 winning percentage

In the entire history of Miami women’s basketball, only Cleve Wright has worse numbers, and only by a few percentage points.

1 Like

She’s never coached in Cleveland.

1 Like

Her winning % in the MAC is .236 after 4 seasons, and she still has her job?! Wow. And Cleve Wright was even worse than that? I’ve lost track of WBB, didn’t realize it was this bad.

Well we had a couple good years in between with Megan Duffy. Then she left and Hendrix took over. You can see the results.

1 Like

I think we already signed 4 commits for next year

How do we know that the issue is money. Maybe the AD likes her

We haven’t been to the tourney since Maria was let go. That’s been a while now.

…or maybe she has a five year contract and the athletic department is honoring that contract. This is not rocket science.

1 Like

@YellowNumber5 You’ve forgotten Megan Duffy?

1 Like

I have not! She was a vision of what could be. MU ladies as a top 50 program. But, this gentle reader says we didn’t go to the big dance with her. Only the NIT. Am I right, or have the bath salts addled my once formidable brain box.

1 Like

@YellowNumber5 My apologies. The discussion was about Cleveland and the league tournament. I thought you were referencing that.

2 Likes

And the first year, if I recall correctly, Hendrix had 2 of our REALLY good ladies from Megan’s time and still couldn’t win.

2 Likes

I made the non sequitor so my fault. Just shocked that’s it’s been that long!

1 Like

He probably does like her. We would probably all like her, if we met her. This is business.

1 Like