Hayden and Miami Athletics Part Ways - Miami University RedHawks

Freshman English caused lots of transfers when I was in school.

The Hayden family has been involved with Miami baseball as long as I can remember.

3 Likes

And in other Major projects at Miami.

Per Jack, the flight home was canceled for weather. The RedHawks, after winning Hayden’s last game, are stuck on a bus home.

1 Like

Might as well stop off and see Graceland while they’re at it

3 Likes

Still a great album after all these years. Just sayin’

Anyone have any insight on the baseball coaching search?

David Sayler hired Bob Nutting to select the new coach.

1 Like

Nutting wrong with that…see what I did there? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I see what you did there and am jealous of this.

1 Like

UGA just fired Scott Stricklin after 10 years. Stricklin previously spent 8 years at Kent State, won a whole lot of MAC titles, and took them to the College World Series.

1 Like

That’s an interesting fire.

Won 57% of his games and 46% of his conference games at Georgia. Made three of the last five NCAA tournaments. Only 51 years old. Would seem like an obvious guy to reach out to for replacing Hayden, unless being a KSU alum/coach and an Athens native would make him hesitant about coaching at Miami.

2 Likes

Saban coached at Toledo. Stricklin probably wants a D1 job regardless of where it is. Oxford has a lot of bricks - like both of his Athens do.

1 Like

Any rumblings on how the search is going?

I’m guessing we might know during or right after the CWS.

The Sackman can confirm that Brian Smiley is the new head coach for our baseball program.

2 Likes

Looks like a very good hire, there is a nice writeup on him in the Miami athletic website. The Indiana State program that he has been a big part of has achieved the type of success we are hoping for.

3 Likes

Is he keeping tany of old staff

Smiley just made an excellent hire as his pitching coach - Larry Scully. He has been Ball State’s pitching coach last 4 years - near top of the MAC in pitching metrics and BSU is coming off a great season. This is a nice steal and such a critical position for any baseball staff.

4 Likes