Hayden and Miami Athletics Part Ways - Miami University RedHawks

Not really surprised about this.

That field is super distracting, but the block “M” is pretty cool.

1 Like

So your key takeaway from Hayden leaving is that the field is “super distracting”.

This board is wild, man. Wild.

1 Like

This is disappointing to me, no because he was fired ( the record shows we need to give somebody else a chance), but it disappoints me because he was someone who loved Miami and Miami baseball and a couple of years ago it looked like he was getting it going, but we fell off badly. He was someone who, if successful, would have stayed and created a great program like our field hockey coach has done.

2 Likes

Agree on both points. After the extreme tailing off the program the past several years it was definitely time for a change. But it is disappointing that someone so committed to Miami couldn’t sustain his early success.

Mitchell Rales has two kids.

3 Likes

I asked this in the 2023 thread as well…is he coaching today’s game?

The timing—before the last game of the season—strikes me as odd…unless…

I would think not. You are correct, the timing is odd.

1 Like

He’s presumably coaching the last game, and I would figure this gives us an extra weekend or so of job searching compared to postseason firings

1 Like

I think you’re right, @thechuck_2112. But does make for an awkward trip home.

I would think he coaches today. No shame in being let go after so long. Had some moments where it looked promising. But coaching is a results oriented business at the highest level. I admired his statements he put to the media as he showed class.

3 Likes

I think the fact that was announced as a mutual departure reduced the potential for negativity.

2 Likes

Tough that they had to let go of a former RedHawk letterman.

For those who haven’t, go to richard’s first entry in this thread and click and read Coach’s statement. Like YellowNumber5 I too admire it. You can tell he loves the place and wanted very badly, not just because it was a great job, but because he was a Miami Man, to succeed. Being a coach at this level is tough duty. Coach… Good Luck moving forward and Love & Honor!

1 Like

I have no real opinion on Hayden’s departure. Our issue seems to have been talent more so that coaching.

Best wishes to him, even if it was his time to go. After the Hendrix debacle it’s nice to get back to a “normal” parting of ways.

3 Likes

Can we really count him as a “Miami Man” if he transferred from Miami to Xavier? I don’t mean that to sound snarky at all, seriously.

1 Like

I am a transfer to Miami!

I will tape $500 under the phone book ledge in a particular Detroit phone booth with the name and address of anyone who questions my loyalty?

He transferred from Miami though. After one season

2 Likes

Ah. OK. I didn’t know that. Never mind. I’ll call the number in Detroit and tell them the deal’s off.

2 Likes