Goshen thread

Why did I turn this on…was tuning up furnace…

Went to X last night…while most teams, including X will not shoot like they did last night…this is polar opposite of play…where’s a backdoor cut…who can hit a trey, heck who can make a layup!!!

Come on…at least Mirambeaux went towards basket this time.

Yofan is a find.

I would let Yofan play point and let Lairy play more of a scoring guard. And Mabry needs to stop shooting every time he has the ball.

1 Like

Yofan has been one of our top 5 players so far

1 Like

Land o’ Goshen! This is a good benchmark for just how bad we were at the start of the new era. Hopefully, we’ll see significant improvement by MAC play snd even more by season’s end. Next year should be markedly better and by year three we should expect we’ll be a highly competent and competitive basketball team.

1 Like

PS NAIA offers scholarships…it’s like between D2 and D1 play in many instances.

Lewis has a moment or two good…many bad.

Mabrey so far has not been as adverstised, but hopefully he finds his groove.

Should not need Kamari and Safford against Goshen, but this is showing we do need them and maybe even Harrison and Etzler (to have quicker frontcourt options).

Having Anderson hedge out on screens frightens me…if I were Goshen I’d pick and roll us.

1 Like

He’s been our 2nd best player behind Mirambeaux so far.

1 Like

I was not aware of this. I just assumed NAIA was below NCAA D3.

Our problem right now is flat out awful shots and shooting, we should be making layups and treys falling…its your home court Miami, act like it!

No…it’s an alternative option to D2…good NAIA teams are equivalent to D2 or better.

Lewis is banged up…I guess, but I’m concerned with our ability to finish at rim.

2 Likes

How did I not know this?

Yofan starts second half over Mabry

1 Like

Lewis has made an impact so far in the 2nd half. That was a nice little pullup to start the half.

I don’t like the hitch in Smith’s shot, hopefully someone is working on that.

Mabrey and Smith both have little hitch that need a little fxing.

Lewis playing better!

1 Like

No hitch in that 3, much smoother and it went down for Smith.

Lewis rebounds well

1 Like

Well, after shooting 10/36 in the 1st half, we went 4/6 to start the 2nd half and every shot was a good shot, best shot selection of the game.

1 Like

Yeah when Billy squares up he looks good to me, Mabrey is little from hip, from trey.

Lewis find groove on floor, which is good sign…how about a back cut to Lewis for jam…something I’d like to see.

There you go Billy…Billy, Billy!

Lewis looking much more in flow…rust off.

1 Like

I feel better now.

No hitch, another 3 for Smith. A 28-4 run to start the 2nd half. Smith squares up well, his release point is nice and high. I don’t know why that hitch occurs but when it doesn’t, his shot is smooth.

2 Likes