Goshen thread

Much much better second half. Smith is a really nice player. Once he is healthy a rotation of Safford and Lewis will be nice. Both board well.

Mabry taking better looks this half and it shows.

Lewis with a good first game. after being in a car wreck.

2 Likes

Halftime adjustments.:smile:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s been someā€¦mainly guys finally making some shots.

Lewis, just rhythmā€¦heā€™s looked great in 2nd half!

Other guys getting some to fall.

1 Like

Smith is healthyā€¦itā€™s Lewis coming back from accident.

Safford you mean, I take it?

Add Yofan to the list based on what Iā€™m seeing for that rotation.

Yes Safford and Lewis rotating . That will be solid. Really like Smith and Yofan.

Yofan= no fear

22/34 shooting on much better shot selection in the 2nd half. Nice to see some guys find some footing offensively. Today was a step in the right direction with many more steps to go.

2 Likes

Thankfully that improvedā€¦on slightly concerning side Mehki so far in new role a bit shaky.

Anderson dropping ball so low in post, after being fedā€¦not ideal.

We need some post helpā€¦but perimeter woke up, Lewis nice overall play!

2 Likes

Couple of the ā€œbest playersā€ got torn open at half.

1 Like

22 boards between Smith and Lewis.

2 Likes

I predict that by the end of January Julian Lewis will be Skinsā€™ favorite player.

1 Like

Lewis was doing some nice stuff in 2nd halfā€¦versatile.

1 Like

That first half was just brutal. Horrible basketball. The worst quality 3 pointers are when you dribble upcourt and pull up and shoot a 3. We had a bunch of those and I think missed them all. Both Lairy and Anderson M seemed to be looking for their own instead of playing the teams game. They got doubled and tripled inside the paint and forces bad shots and missed or turned it over. Pass the ball!!! Mabrey, for a guy called one of the best shooters in his class, has shot poorly all 3 times I have seen him play. All 3 times he was clearly outplayed by walk on Eli Yofan. Finally, at the 8 and under TO of the first half, you could hear some screams and bad language from Coach Steele, but even that did not seem to change anything in the first half.

I donā€™t know what happened in the locker room but when they started the second half Yofan was starting in place of Mabrey and we really played well. All of a sudden we moved the ball around and got wide open 3ā€™s with our feet set and shot better and Smith and Lewis started dominating the boards against the smaller team. When Mabrey came back in, I think he went 3 for 3 in the second half. Morris is offensively challenged, but he is great defensively and on the boards and we played well with him in there. The second half we actually showed some really good potential for what this team can become. We still have two important pieces missing with Safford and Williams out, but getting Lewis in there helped a lot. He would have made a difference against Evansville.

3 Likes

Yupā€¦and likely a win with Lewis.

Alsoā€¦I saw some evidence of that we really need Harrison and Etzler back becauseā€¦Anderson looked a lot slower in this oneā€¦not sure heā€™ll be able to play more than 20-25 min night in ā€¦ night out.

But if the wings get it togetherā€¦and we get some help in frontcourt, things can come together.

4 Likes

Agree. I said yesterday after watching that abomination in the first half that we could us it as the benchmark for just how bad this team was at the beginning of the new era. He turned a lot around very quickly!

1 Like

In the locker room some guys got shredded.

2 Likes

Lewis hung his head and looked like a scolded dog when asked what Coach Steele had said at halftime. Based on my experience in some similar situations in hockey and baseball, Iā€™d say there might have been a kicked over trash can in there somewhere.

2 Likes

The best coaches are honest with players. Not brutally mean. But honest. And the best players appreciate that honesty. My opinion of course, but I think one shared perhaps.

2 Likes