Game Week - Robert Morris

I should have been clearer…how about “the second coming?”

1 Like

Interesting coincidence. Same hometown, position, height, and weight.

That two-deep shows Coldiron starting.

Did they find out his injury was not as serious as first thought?

Martin just said yesterday he was probably going to be out 1-2 weeks.

1 Like

typo…or maybe he’s responding to treatment…and thinks he’s ready…I’d hope he could sit it out.

3 Likes

Agree that he ought to sit out. We should play our ones and twos the first half and our threes and fours the third and fourth quarters. This - and possibly Akron - will probably the only chance we get this season to get some experience for guys that deep into the roster unless we’re blown completely out of the water early by UC or Northwestern.

2 Likes

If we need Coldiron against Robert Morris, forget about our QB situation…

Rob Morris…2-Deep

4 Likes

Random: My last memory of Powlus was when he asked the ref if he would be using a Notre Dame coin right before the coin toss for OT in the 1996 game vs. USC.

1. The game was played at USC, so why would the ref be using a Notre Dame coin?

2. Did ND use weighted coins? Otherwise, what difference would it make?

3 Likes

Addendum to Game Notes:

Robert Morris has a db named Shakespeare Louis.

The school was originally known as the Robert Morris School of Accountancy.

Notable alumni include Charlie Batch, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert, jazz vocalist Phyllis Hyman and Olubowale Victor Akintimehin, who you know as the rapper “Wale”.

1 Like

Yes, you could clearly see he was hurting after that hit, which again made it totally stupid to have him in down 24 points with 4 minutes to go. Besides that hit, there was another hit earlier in the game where he was clearly hurting… And besides that, he was having to run or scramble at least half the time on pass plays so we feared another good hit and he was done. He took some more hard hits after the one that I guess he was injured on, that had to make it worse.

4 Likes

That’s a lot of speculation. Once that injury happens, there’s not a lot more you can do to make it worse. The ligaments have already been loosened and will need time to heal. And like @BTB30 was saying, Brett was likely the one pushing to stay in.

For those interested on these types of shoulder injuries: Football Injuries Uncovered: Dislocated or Separated? - Buffalo Fanatics Network

Another article: https://www.hss.edu/playbook/ac-joint-injuries-football-background-diagnosis-treatment/

1 Like

Then why isnt he playing this week if you cant do any more damage by playing

Your argument makes no sense

He obviously was more hurt on his last play or he would have kept playing after his last play

In my opinion the best answer for the coaching staff is he was hurt on his last play in a blowout. The answers that he was hurt earlier in the game and didnt want to come out make the coaches look worse imo - not better

5 Likes

Ron probably was afraid the USC coin would be too heavy and cause him to break his hip

I did not say that Brett was likely pushing to go in. I said that Aveon appeared to have been readied and there was a consultation between Brett and CM (while Aveon was in the men’s room errr under the tent) which ended when Brett took the field.

I have not seen it mentioned that Brett has a shoulder injury….was this reported? I don’t think it was.

2 Likes

Guys its irrelevant now…he’s out, Chuck is definitely not without blame, Brett maybe as well…who knows.

Rib, shoulder not sure, probably one of the two, time to move on…

2 Likes

I know it’s off topic and Jive is gonna note this in my year end review, but when you said rib, my mind instantly went to the McRib. Again, I’m sorry. She’s a fickle mistress and I can’t quit her!!!

2 Likes

A rare treat of formaldehyde, flame retardant and tripe…

Just don’t combine with Skyline…in same day.

Sorry for the misquote.

Someone mentioned shoulder, and based on the way he was moving his arm after the first hit, was trying to move it after that, then how he was holding it when he was finally coming off the field, it screamed separation or dislocation. Probably won’t know for sure until he’s back.

My guess is we’ll see him in a brace like at the bottom of the first article I posted. If he isn’t, @YellowNumber5 can put my mistake in my permanent file.

1 Like

I have started my all name team for this season. Louis is on it, along with Courvoisier Smoke.

1 Like

Phyllis Hyman is one of my all-time favorites. Didn’t know she went there.

That’s Kavosiey with a K.