Game times

https://x.com/miamiohfootball/status/1796247705402098076?s=46&t=Mwc894NmZi2sl3ixPUgjFA

Bummer that the Miami-UC game is at noon. Could have been an awesome atmosphere at night, or even late afternoon.

1 Like
1 Like

This isn’t directed at you in particular, so I apologize that it’s going to come off that way:

Is it even remotely possible to get everyone happy with our start times? If not, should the AD care?

3 Likes

No. No

Probably not, and I’m not even sure what kind of say David Saylor has in regards to game times. As I believe it’s mostly controlled by the TV networks. I’m fine with a noon kick, i just think it would be more fun to have a full Yager stadium at night. We don’t get too many of those chances.

1 Like

Id imagine if ESPN said play at 1 AM, all MAC schools would say “Yes Ma’am!”

2 Likes

I hope that bell glints in the sun from our sideline.

3 Likes

Shame that UC is at noon but pretty good bet that it’s driven completely by the needs of ESPN and whatever is necessary to get on ESPNU. Not the worst tradeoff in the world to get a “national” cable broadcast for our biggest home game in some time.

At least the MACtion games have regular ESPN as the top option, unlike some years when ESPNU would be the best and everything else was relegated to streaming. Assuming we have another strong season it’s likely we’ll be prioritized for some of those games.

1 Like

Win the noon game —> ring the bell —> enjoy the biggest party since checks notes last years victory bell win

7 Likes

In round numbers, the TV moguls tell schools you will kick off at noon, 4 P.M or 8 P.M…plus or minus 30-60 minutes…

Poor Akron! CBS just announced the Zips’ game at Ohio State on August 31 will be nationally televised!

1 Like

I don’t feel that way at all. Last year’s great win over UC was not on national tv. The last time we played UC at home it was a night game, but again not on national TV. This game is on ESPNU and just like the two games I was just talking about, will likely come down to the final minutes and the last play and a lot of people will see it because people flip to the close games and it should be a big crowd of enthusiastic fans. Potentially a great day!

4 Likes

The tailgating will begin bright and early!

1 Like

It’s about TV

Kegs and eggs!

2 Likes

Chicken and waffles with Bloody Marys or Mimosas

3 Likes

The noon start time may encourage a big student turnout. Also wondering how they will know how many tickets to sell since student turnout is unpredictable.

They will sell as many as they can. UC ain’t gonna travel any more. They know that they are mid-majors masquerading as big boys with a dog shit coach.

3 Likes

UC is family weekend right? Even for meh opponents we usually get a nice crowd but this year we should make a big push near capacity if our marketing does its job (and when we beat Northwestern).

1 Like

Is the game being sponsored by “Just For Men: Third Base”?