Gabbert 3rd All Time Miami Passing Yards!

Brett Gabbert is now 3rd all time at Miami in passing yards, currently at 7105. He is tied for 4th all time in passing TDs with 54. With 2 more TDs, Gabbert will move into 3rd all time in passing TDs. He has played 35 games.

6 Likes

:grinning:

Brett is already a MU legend. Barring injury, I think he has a chance at landing an opportunity with an NFL team. I don’t think he gets drafted. However, I see him making a roster. Now the bad news. CM continues to fail to develop a starter for the future. Aveon is not that guy. Kopp and Hesson have virtually no game experience. I would not be surprised to see Hesson leave before he gets a chance. Mainly because that chance doesn’t seem likely. We have to do better developing recruits on offense. We do an excellent job with LB’s. Now do QB’s.

1 Like

I don’t know about that. He couldn’t even get a P5 job last Winter. Then again, he’s better than Justin Fields.

3 Likes

That was last year. He was injured and in the portal. Portal and NFL are night and day. NFL knows what a good QB looks like. They don’t care about 247 sports or Rivals ratings. They don’t care about what college you went to either… They want guys that can play. Watch and see.

2 Likes

…and why on earth doesn’t Chuck let Hesson at least see the field?

2 Likes

There have been lots of pretty good long-term FCS NFL QB. And lots of guys from the G5, too.

1 Like

I think he should have played the last two series.

1 Like

I’ve heard that MacLoed looks better in practice than Kopp. Hesson doesn’t get live reps in practice. 1,2 get live reps, walk on gets scout reps. Kopp running scout since he’s ineligible. This is the CM system that Koehler was blamed for. Terrible way to develop QB’s. Let’s pray that Gabbert doesn’t leave this year. Now, on a more positive note, this year is going to be great. I’m excited for every game from this point on!!

3 Likes

Interesting. McLeod lit it up in high school In the Silicon Valley. They throw the ball all over the lot out there.

2 Likes

I admire the character of the QB’s in that room. They all seem to respect each other in a situ that is likely tough since only one or two guys ever get in.

1 Like

That is a very poor take Sackman. As Ballcoach said, Gabbert was injured. If anything plays against him it is his lack of size. But throwing ability, decision-making, are all there.

1 Like

The lack of size and the fact that he’s not a run first QB probably inhibits his ability to play in the NFL. He does look like someone who could light it up
In the CFL, with frisbee catching receivers, no motion penalties for WRs and QBs throwing on every down.

Joshua Cribs is starting for Ottawa and Zach Collaras has had a nice career - now in Winterpeg.

2 Likes

We all want the best for the kid but no it isn’t. I hope he does play pro football if he wants to…but it won’t be in the NFL.

1 Like

That’s exactly what they said about Taylor Heineke from Old Dominion.

1 Like

I’ve had many bad takes but “Brett Gabbert isn’t going to ever play in the NFL” isn’t one of them. The odds are very much in my favor.

Jason Preston sucks is my greatest take and very true to this day.

1 Like

I was responding to your very bad take on why Gabbert didn’t go P5 last season. As to NFL size, I agree he is on the small size. I am also not concerned with his NFL prospects. I wasn’t posting about that. I am concerned about one thing and one thing only: Gabbert helping Miami win as many games as possible while he wears the Red and White. Anything else is just noise.

1 Like

@NESCACDAD Josh Cribbs?

2 Likes

https://x.com/cffmwachsman/status/1706317293532102934?s=46&t=BnpL3q4oXTuDYZSTgkMKhg

1 Like

We shall see.