From the *gasp* Enquirer…

Nothing too new (Safford!?) or original but still…

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/miami-university/2023/10/19/2023-24-miami-ohio-basketball-preview-roster-schedule/71196333007/

1 Like

Damn paywall

2 Likes

Any subscribers want to give us the main points?

There wasn’t anything I’d consider a main point, unfortunately. A short recap of a few lasts (last seasons record, last time above .500, last time 15+ wins, last 3rd or better MAC finish). Then listed the returning starters, mentioned the 7 incoming freshmen, and the transfers. Then outlined the schedule highlight vs OSU, and noted the 3 local players.

There were no quotes in the article.

2 Likes

Agree, it reads like someone read some preseason articles and transcribed them. It did have a roster with short bios and the schedule.

2 Likes

The truth always comes out. Check IG now

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Hope it works out.

Proverbs 9:7-8, the “haters gonna hate” of the Bible

Anyways, all the best to Safford except for two games a year.

2 Likes

Lots ‘o questions. Oh well, moving on…

1 Like

I mean, I don’t hope it works out. I have nothing against Morgan, but he now plays for a conference rival. I don’t want Kent to be successful. :laughing:

2 Likes

What was the truth. What did he say?

Just what I had alluded to earlier (couple days ago)…I’m not positive on one point, but I think he’ll be playing this year (later).

The truth I am interested in is why is not at Miami any longer and how could he be eligible for Kent this year

1 Like

Being eligible in same conference immediately seems really wrong, unless he was somehow dismissed from the team and gives him an “out” somehow.

2 Likes

Does it matter at this point?..it means his academic work/standing from a NCAA-clearinghouse standpoint are acceptable.

Not same situation, but Darweshi Hunter is playing for us, was @ NIU last year…

1 Like

To some it might not matter but it does to me

If Marvin Harrison ended up at Michigan I would think some Buckeye fans would care

1 Like

Darweshi graduated from NIU. That’s why he’s playing immediately.

2 Likes

BINGO!!!

I’m aware, why I said “not same situation”…but it looks like some people are focusing on that he’s @ Kent St.

As said before, there are reasons that you can play immediately in the same conference…the “blocking or release of a kids scholarship” does not apply here obviously.

Come on, figure it out…he’s eligible, b/c his scholarship was released and he meets NCAA academic standard. That’s all any of us deserve to know.

But he must fall into one of these, either by exception or the rule:

It matters to me. I think the NCAA should be very strict about granting hardship waivers to allow kids a second “free” transfer.

Unlike others on this board, I’m also not ok with a player who plays for 3 or more D1 schools. Kids who take care of business off the court generally don’t need multiple transfers.

1 Like