From the *gasp* Enquirer…

I did not say I like it…it’s just that it’s an option, unfortunately if that is what happened…released from scholarship and eligible.

That is the issue that’s brought up - it can happen.

It would be great to get some straight and complete answers here. It is my understanding a second transfer after a first portal transfer requires the student/athlete to sit out one year absent special circumstances. If this is correct what special circumstances if any were involved here? Why did Miami " release ’ Morgan’s scholarship ? We all understand right to privacy issues but Morgan was going to be the " face " of this team - our best returning player - and a frequent player interviewed after games last year- this is a major loss for the program. To compound this question he is going to a conference rival and if last night’s game is any indication he will sorely missed ( we played a poor team and lost and played like it was an exhibition game- our D 2 transfers have a long way to go, etc ). Our season’s record will take a hit for sure with Morgan gone.This is also the second year in a row we have player eligibility issues with Anderson not available for an un determined amount of time - how long is he not eligible ? Do we need more/ better academic advisors for our players ? I am a supporter of Steele and this staff but greater transparency on the above issues would be helpful.

What if the answer to your question is so hideous no one wants to say a peep. Honest. Here’s a hypothetical: player gets drunk and kisses a players girlfriend or coaches wife. Or another player… Player is caught having relations with a barnyard animal. Player has been stealing bodies from the morgue and selling organs on the aftermarket. Again, just hypotheticals. Maybe it’s not worth knowing?

Ps, I loved Morgan as a player (still do) and don’t imagine it’s all that nefarious. Just none of our business.

agreed

2 Likes

The reality turned out to be he was ineligible academically here and did not play at Kent last year, surely he was still academically ineligible.

1 Like

Sad deal. Loved him. Wish he stayed with us.

Re Morgan’s situation last year…Kent states “redshirted due to transfer rules.”

Perhaps being diplomatic.

1 Like

Maybe so, either way I’m bummed as that guy was fun to watch.

1 Like