Fly the Flag Week 3

Yet they are all FBS wins - and four of them were P5 teams. We’ve got North Texas - and two FCS losses.

2 Likes

1-2 Northwestern is up next…looks similar to those Purdue and Illini wins.

1 Like

MAC facts…Overall the MAC stands at 13-23 with only Eastern and Toledo at 2-1
Digging deeper: Here’s some Jeff Sagarin data:
CMU, Toledo, Kent, Western and Eastern are all rated ahead of Miami. However the difference between CMU, (rated 66.78, and highest in the MAC vs Miami at 63.90 is small showing how tight the top of the conference is. CMU stands as the 83rd best team in the Sagarin rankings while Miami stands at 101.
Northwestern stands at # 102 and their rating is 63.70…only .20 behind Miami.
Phil Steele assigns NW a 3.25 home field advantage…so that should make Miami a 3-point dog.

2 Likes

So basically a game Miami should not lose by two TDs, ;-)…

Hopefully our OC/Chuck can sort some quicker action in the run game, and certainly better calls in the redzone and goal line.

Defensively, obvious need is better CB play on one side…and more pressure on QB the better…ST, well, our in ability kick touchbacks is a bit frustrating…and our pooch kicking appears to result in giving the opposition the ball on the ~35 yard line.

No excuse for not being highly competitive til the final gun sounds. None.

2 Likes

i like to use sagarin’s predictor score, one the he claims is more accurate of an upcoming match-up. you have to add in home field advantage…but on a neutral field, we’d be six places ahead of NW.

although…a flat +2.11 predictor rating points across all home teams seems odd to me because home field at georgia vs home fiel at NW are very very different.

I believe on a neutral field, we’d be even with NW. Sagarin has Miami at 63.90 and NW at 63.70.

1 Like

On the straight rating yes. But if you use what he claims to be the most accurate rating, it’s the Predictor rating