First coach named

At last, we now have our first assistant coach named. Rob Summers from Cleveland State. Looks like a great get.

5 Likes

Thanks Yellow! Strong addition. Resume not typical of recent assistants. Big guy to work with big guys. #riseupredhawks

2 Likes

We agree to agree.

I really like this hire - did great things with the offense at CSU - great experience there and at JMU - strong Ohio connections.

2 Likes

I’d like to say I also agree

2 Likes

Noted tough guy.

4 Likes

We are in agreement

As a father of daughters, I identify with and approve of this message. I had to watch a YouTube video a while back to get the basics down, but now I can whip up a ballet bun with the best of them.

3 Likes

I like it! More Ohio roots with some good experience. Wonder how Steele got him to come to Miami…kinda doubt he could offer more salary to him.

1 Like

I guess it started with the fact that he was out of job at Cleveland State.

That is always a conversation starter.

He also has Ohio roots so staying close to home also had to have some appeal.

His title makes me think there was an element of “you will be the heir apparent if things work out and I move on”.

1 Like

That’s the default title for the top assistant on any staff

1 Like

Good point.

looks like a great hire…

1 Like

It was Phan Shin. At least that’s what I’m banking on. (I live in SF but still miss it!)

1 Like

Seems to be a solid hire. Will help keep Ohio talent here.

1 Like

I’m starting to get excited about hoops.*

(*ask your doctor if following Miami hoops is right for you. Investment may not perform to your expectation as per market conditions. See all terms and conditions for being a fan in the Miami basketball prospectus)

9 Likes

Is Phan Shin still around? Truthfully, I thought it was horrible, but as a Miami alum, I love this comment.

1 Like

Heck if I know. I’m gonna say yes, it is. Why would it ever close. Like Golden Wok in Cincy and that not great Chinese buffet men’s cross country put out of business with their damn metabolisms out where Bob Evan’s was, it will live on!

1 Like

In 2019 Summers made $44k and the head coach Gates made $126k. While at Miami Rutter made $109k, Reynolds made $85k.

Couldn’t find more recent data but safe to say this is a step up in pay for him.

4 Likes