Evansville

What’s the line? I can’t find it. I’m going to guess Miami -6.

1 Like

Lewis, Smith, and Williams are competing for a wing position.

Lairy, Mabrey, Safford, Mirambeux, = starters

Insert one of the above.

I don’t think it matters all that much.

Harrison hurt.

1 Like

Mabrey is not your avg frosh, adds some ball handling…sounds like based on your updates, I might insert Billy in that line up, at 6-7 200+…

Allows Smith to be a shooter and rebound.

Looks like Evansville starts two 6-10ish forwards…one from France, I assume perimeter game…thinking Billy starts.

1 Like

Beldar

Nah. Doesn’t have a cone head.

2 Likes

Agree. With Williams, Etzler, Lewis out, gotta play somebody.

I think it would have been Williams.

Whatever. They will need them all before long

2 Likes

Game Notes are up and the starting 5 are Williams, Lairy, Anderson M, Safford, Mabrey.

2 Likes

Interesting how we rebound with this group…like the ball handling options, though…off by one, Mabrey for Lewis in guard/wing look.

Shooter has Williams out. Are you saying he could be declared ineligible before Monday night?

Morris is a big time rebounder. I’m guessing he’ll go in for Andy as necessary?

1 Like

I think Lewis is gametime decision. Expect to see both Billy Smith and Mitch Rylee in this game.

Well whoever puts out the GN has Williams starting.

3 Likes

ESPN3 game, fwiw.

1 Like

Correct on both.

Lewis is out for sure

You were expecting a spotlight game on ESPN or something like that? C’mon, man.

it can’t get any worse considering what our program has been the past few years.

Evansville has some size and versatility, especially among their wings. In their exhibition games, they had 3 guys that shot the 3 well: Strawbridge, Beauchamp, and Smith. They have a UNLV transfer as well, Coleman, though he’s coming back from a stress fracture. They have a new coach as well so they’ll play with quite a bit of energy. This will be a good early test for the pack line defense we plan on playing. Good closeouts on 3 point shooters are required since help defenders are required to help and recover in the pack line system.

1 Like

I don’t think we have any good power forward options ( injuries and inexperience), so we will play 3 wings. We have lots of options there, and at least early, all the healthy wings should get a good chance to show what they can do. Probably alternate our two 6-8 ( Mirambeaux and Morris) centers around 20 minutes each for now. Lairy will play as many minutes as possible, but may not be fully healthy. So Tatum or Mabrey or Lewis ( but he might be out?) may get minutes at the point. I would think it will take a little time to sort out the roles on this team.

With their eyes closed,too.

I’m predicting a 74-67 Miami win. Let’s go into the UGA game 2-0!

2 Likes

Opening night! One of my favorite times of the year. No matter what’s happened the past 15 years or so, I still love Miami basketball.

I’m sure it won’t always be pretty, especially early in the season, but I’m so excited to see this staff and this group of guys come together and progress over the next several months.

Go RedHawks!

8 Likes