Enough is enough

FACTS matter Skins!

:laughing:

Irrelevance does not Bash, zero…and I mean zero impact on the point.

Then again…seeing the point, well I leave it there LoL.

PS back to the point folks, there’s no comparison to Hoeppner and Chuck…Terry saw what was holding him back…adopted a Marines or military mantra as I recall going into Ben’s jr year…was far more dialed in or stoic during that season and well many of us know the results. Hard to see Chuck getting to those next step…hope so, NW would be a great test/step in right direction.

I’m suprised Creighton hasn’t gotten more interest. If you combined Chuck’s championships and 2 nati’s with Creighton’s record of upsets, that coach would be at Minnesota.

I don’t know who Chris Creighton is, but someone should let him know he’s trending on Hawktalk.

1 Like

We got his Oline coach…still no P5 wins.

With EMU’S schedule Miami would have OOC wins. This season UK is very good and UC will be ranked if they keep winning.

Need a win vs NW.

1 Like

This might be the best chance we have for a P5 win for at least two more years. Only at Miami of Florida and at UC in Nippert next year. UC will be Big 12 then.

2 Likes

Hypothetically speaking, here’s a list of schools I’m pretty sure we could get a win over right now. Doom and gloom be damned! Nebraska. Duke. Colorado. Arizona State. Cal. Stanford.
Syracuse. West Virginia. Louisville.
EDIT: Vanderbilt.

Colorado has been a dumpster fire for years. Schedule them!

Didn’t we back out of a home and home with Colorado in order to free up a spot on our schedule to get assblasted by Kentucky at a neutral site?

3 Likes

The MAC West minus EMU is vastly stronger than the MAC East minus Miami, and EMU has significantly less resources. There has been legit discussions and open protests at games to end their football program while Creighton has been there. Adjusted for difficulty level, Creighton has done much better than Chuck.

1 Like

Yes. We played them in Boulder and got our butt kick 42-0 and then we had to send our men’s basketball team to Boulder to get their butt kick on our own dime for backing out of the home and home.

Some historical dumpster fires are trending up. Kansas. Rutgers. Illinois.

3 Likes

Syracuse is 3-0 and just beat Purdue.

I dont think there would be any p5s that we would be favorites versus. NIU just lost at home vs Vandy.

Northwestern is about as easy as it gets. Mediocre home field advantage. Not a lot of talent. Even when they are good it is by winning 17-13. They lost to Akron at home a couple years ago. We are only 7 point underdogs so this should be competitive

4 Likes

Kansas also 3-0, Lonnie Phelps maybe tied in B12 for sacks, up there on tackles for losses…

Hey we’ve beaten NW before, several times…here they are again. Can Chuck come up with something?

1 Like

I was dead wrong about Kansas. Jayhawks are showing how important coaching is.

2 Likes

I don’t know anything. Colts got destroyed by Jville. What? Give me Liberty lost at Wake by 1. Bengals lost. And I had us over Cincy by ten. That’s 0-4 on the weekend. Although to be fair, when my ESPN app went out, we were up by ten on UC. It’s all my fault!

1 Like

UC is better, but at the top spot too…they are well coached.

That said Miami ran ~40 less plays…had short field…should have been 31-24 or even 27-24 or 24-24 (still blown away we can’t get in from 1 yard line) game at 4th quarter, poise and coaching may account for that/those delta(s)…or could be a combination of many things…but at this point we just need a win against a P5 to provide some hope that this program cares about competing.

MAC teams do it every year…

I watched a replay of the game yesterday and listened to the post game interviews. While I agree with the players that UC was not a 21 point better team, our play made them an easy 21 points better. We had 13 1st Downs in the game; 7 in the first 18 minutes (all earned), 6 in the last 42 minutes (3 of 6 were the result of penalty). Of those as a result of penalty IMO we only had a chance to gain a first on 1 of the DPI calls and were bailed out of a 3 and out by a bone-headed late hit on an incomplete pass. IMO there a noticeable loss of confidence from the O over those 42 minutes.

4 Likes

Uhh, you could say that adjusted for difficulty level, Creighton has done a better job than ANY other FBS coach, Power 5 included.

3 Likes

Yep. They’ve actively been trying to eliminate his program in Ypsilanti while he’s been trying to recruit. Their boosters are nothing like UAB’s…