Enough is enough

Crazy thing is though: HE CAN CHANGE THE RECORD. If he wanted to….

I was’t upset until 2002 season when Ben was really blossoming…we lost to Marshall in excruciating circumstances as all will recall.
But I was more upset with Hoeppner in Miami’s last possession in that game as one first down or two would have ended the game w a Miami win. Instead, Ben didn’t throw for a first down and as I recall, just ran around and gave himself up on 3rd down to run the clock or force Marshall to call a TO. To me, with a player of Ben’s caliber at QB, we should have played to win, rather than not to lose.

The season collapsed after that and only winning 7 games that year was a major disappointment.

1 Like

Now I recall that game. Jon Wauford and whatnot. That was a very, very tough one to live through.

Miami at Northwestern - Vegas opened at NU -6.5.

1 Like

Anyone listen to the post game interviews with Aveon and Ryan McWood? Both seemed to be quite frustrated. Neither felt we were overmatched by Cincinnati’s personnel. And neither felt like it should have been a 21 point loss. But it was.

Does this say anything?

BTW:
McWood was all over the field!

I think others here ha w already nailed it…as soon as we got ahead and the momentum shifted back to UC, our play-calling became quite predictable. Probably should have tried more runs w Smith using that extra blocker.

Add to that Smith’s terrible throws in second half (he could have had 3-4 INT’s if the UC defenders caught all the balls thrown right at them. Poor guy should have been replaced as has also been covered by many posters here.

2 Likes

Chris Creighton and Chuck Martin are both in their 9th season. Creighton is 22-40 in the MAC and Martin is 33-26.

4 Likes

Extend him.

2 Likes

Interestingly Creighton and Martin are 2-2 against each other. EMU can only dream of our treasure trove of resources. He gets quite a bit out of not much.

1 Like

This guy is on Creighton’s staff at EMU.

3 Likes

Against a stronger West division in fairness to Creighton.

1 Like

I remember him.

True. West is tougher. Miami has more resources. Eastern has never been decent that I’m aware of. Creighton has some impressive wins, but I don’t understand the praise he gets with such an abysmal MAC record. He’s also 0-4 in bowl games.

All that said, my post was not meant to support Chuck. He has his own issues.

1 Like

Yes…there was growing restlessness…due to not getting over the top with a clearly elite QB…and solid roster.

Mainly there was an issue with Hep being too emotional during the game…and losing focus, but pales to Chuck’s in ability to get over the top…he’s had zero success, less beating a mediocre Sun Belt team in a makeshift bowl…in year 8.

3 Likes

North Texas is in Conference USA.

2 Likes

Potatoe potato…

They were Sun Belt for 10 + years at some point in time

and Conference USA since 2013.

Aren’t they going to the American next season?

1 Like

Yes. North Texas becomes a full member of the AAC on July 1, 2023.

1 Like

Ok…point? Who cares…Chuck struggled against a mediocre worse conference member than i suggested.

SUN BELT > CUSA

Mean Green Sun Belt forever to me…seriously probably should have stayed.