Eastern Illinois men at Miami Sunday at 1:00

EIU is 2-3 after beating Coppin State 48-46 on a layup with 5 seconds to go by Corey Sawyer JR. Kooper Jacobi led the Panthers with 11 points.

Their other win was a blowout of Monmouth College 91-45 at home. Their losses were all on the road, by 28 at #25 Illinois, by 24 at Loyola Chicago, and by 8 at Illinois State to the fighting Pedon’s. All their other games were much higher scoring than today’s win over Coppin State.

4 Likes

We’re up 15-4.

20-8 nearing midway of the 1st half. I’m not watching, but sure sounds like we’re playing well.

This little invitational is exactly what this team needed right now.

Really nice start so far

1 Like

This team looks really good so far today. 28-10.

3 Likes

Got a little shaky the last 6 minutes but overall good half. 43-30 Miami at the half. Need to get a quick foul on Hamlin to start the second half to send him back to the bench.

1 Like

43-30 Miami at half.

You can see the Freshman guards getting more comfortable. Still some bad turnovers and needless fouls. We have to be stronger getting to spots and catching the ball. Some dribble handoffs and tight area passes are being deflected and stolen which shouldn’t happen.

Just from looking at the box score, it seems like it was a sloppy half (9 TOs for us, 12 for EIU). Nice to see us doing better at the FT line (13-15). Let’s keep our foot on the gas.

Most of Miami’s turnovers were early. They settled down

1 Like

What site are you using for during-game box scores?

Just the ESPN app.

Live stats available via MiamiRedHawks.com

2 Likes

Please don’t blow this.

Looks like they’re trying to.

I know Steele is enamored with him, but I don’t see how you can keep giving 30+ minutes to Bultman. 2/10 shooting, only 4 rebounds from the 4 position, leading the team with 3 turnovers, had to burn two timeouts in order to avoid additional turnovers.

2 Likes

Ipsaro’s flopping ability meshes well with his free throw shooting ability. 11/11 today.

Bent but didn’t break. Good confidence and character builder.

Looks like we won. Freshmen guards played well.

Classic champs!! Morris reminds me of a combination of a guy you guys probably don’t remember, Lamont Hanna and Kevin Beard but I think Morris has more upside

2 Likes