Dream bowl scenarios if we run the table?

I was then and remain today a Browns season ticket holder. I bought a Prentice jersey and was very excited. The Browns did have a terrible line. Also Travis had a few good games and he scored a decent amount of tds

But he didnt look big or fast in the pros. And the ypc was everyones fault. I dont remember him breaking any long runs in the pros

I agree though I would have thought he would have lasted longer in the league. He wasnt bad

2993? We have a Time Lord among us!

1 Like

Oops!

7-3, same as the link I posted.

Am I selfish to see Miami play a middle-of-the-pack B1G team in the QuickLane Bowl instead of a top SunBelt or C-USA squad? I know Georgia State ainā€™t exactly salivating over playing Miami of Ohio in December, but Iā€™d rather Miami take on a somewhat local Big Fish than some school thatā€™s in an equally 2nd-tier conference.

However, Iā€™ll take a bowl game over staying home, thatā€™s for sure!

I wouldnā€™t mind knocking off Minnesota or Iowa in a bowl game, but I would feel badly for the players if they end up in Detroit twice (MACC and Quick Lane) in the winter. Obviously a lot more fun to play in a warm weather bowl destination.

2 Likes

Copied from a previous post:

Other than the National Championship playoff games and the New Years Day games, the rules for bowl games are:

1 - Warm Weather
2 - Ocean front
3 - Good Bars & Restaurants
4 - A decent opponent
5 - Cheap airfare

2 Likes

I think the MAC usually does a good job of not repeating MACC game participants and Quick Lane Bowl.

Last 5 MAC teams in the bowl were not in the title game.

It would be a fine consolation IMO if we lost to OU and they went to Detroit as east champs.

And easy access - not the Bahamas.

Losing to Ohio and going back to Detroit? I think that scenario absolutely sucks!

2 Likes

It is warm inside and it is an NFL Stadium.

Myrtle Beach!!

1 Like

More specifically, Butch Davis! Got the job, drafted his own RB, James Jackson from The U and traded him. Cemented his legacy as biggest douche coach ever by then passing on Big Ben for his rapist TE from the U, Kellen Winslow. Butch Davis sucks!

I was looking at Jerry Palmā€™s predictions, he does not seem to care about bowl tie-ins too much, just putting two teams in a bowl game that would make a good match up.

So that means heā€™s fundamentally inaccurate.

1 Like

I see CBS updated projections have us vs. Minnesota in the Quick Lane with OU playing NC State in the Gasaparilla Bowl in Tampa and Toledo in the Myrtle Beach Bowl vs. Troy. Betcha our players would prefer one of those two destinations in lieu of Detroit. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing us playing NC State.

1 Like

Itā€™s easier to get to the Bahamas than Mobile.

Not for the bands - who canā€™t go at all. Nor for people without current passports. And airfare is always pricey by the time you find out youā€™re going there.

Canā€™t speak for the band. I think I paid $370 all in for my road trip flight to Bahamas (almost certainly less than a flight to Mobile, Montgomery, Boise, or other potential locations). As for the passport issue, :man_shrugging:t5:; I think most adults have one and Iā€™m not sure why they wouldnā€™t.

But, anyway, it is NY6 or bust this year. So, unless they move the FIesta Bowl to Cancun I think weā€™ll be ok. Although, Iā€™ve never had more fun watching Miami hoops get its ass kicked than in Cancun.

1 Like

They donā€™t allow the bands to go to the Bahamas Bowl so those kids get screwed on that one. I can drive to the Myrtle Beach Bowl in 75 minutes, to Montgomery in 7 hours and Mobile in 9. I can catch an Avelo to the Boca Raton Bowl or the Cure Bowl for $98 RT. Tucson and Boise are a bit pricey.

Price is not an issue if weā€™re in an NY6. Iā€™ll be there!