Dream bowl scenarios if we run the table?

They were thrown in quite the tailspin to start the year. Much improved at QB over last year. They are playing better, and, they aren’t going to lose to the RedHawks back to back seasons. The only caveat would be if the rest of the team hits the portal because of all the uncertainty.

1 Like

More bowl predictions out including ESPN in which it’s two prognosticators had differing projections…one in Bahamas (which makes no sense unless they are presuming we don’t make it to the MACC), and that Arizona Bowl vs. Boise.

CFN just came out with their update and has us in t Camellia Bowl in Montgomery vs. Georgia State.

I can buy that they’re improved, but why can’t they lose to Miami in back-to-back years? They’ve made it a habit of losing to us historically. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve improved. Good for them. We’ve improved, too.

2 Likes

Been to Evanston to see Redhawks play NW 3 times , with Miami winning two (Travis Prentice led team in late 90’s and the Big Ben annihilation in 2003). Also saw the Dysart led squad lose 16-6 in 2006 I think. Over the years, we have “had their number”, and don’t forget we also beat them 30-28 in 1995 when they were BIG TEN champs!

I think we are 7-3 all time vs NW. We own them.

1 Like

Yep…we can beat Northwestern!

8-3

1 Like

UC pulls their shite together enough to meet us in a bowl game, so we can beat their ass twice in the same year. Yeah, I’d like that.

We didn’t fare too well against the “ row the boat” coach when he was at western Mich.did we?

1 Like

We played pretty well against him in Minneapolis in 2021.

IIRC we only played him in 14/15 (when we were still crappy) but not in 16 (when their Cotton Bowl season happened).

1 Like

7-3

Thx for posting the series info…so I was actually at the 1999, 2003, and 2009 games in Evanston.

In the 99 game (a nifty 28-3 Miami victory), I distinctly remember Travis Prentice break to the outside on a hand off and then shift into a other gear and blow by the NW defenders. At that moment, I was convinced he’d make it in the NFL. I am still perplexed that he didn’t have a more successful pro career…he has toughness and good speed.

1 Like

The Browns ruined him.

1 Like

6-0 225. Ran a 4.5.

But…Did not have high agility or quickness sores.

But…I also thought that at a minimum, he would remain on a roster for more years.

1 Like

Don’t have the stats handy, but as I recall in his rookie year w the Browns they had a poor offensive line. As a result Prentice only had something like 3 YPC. Like Eddie, I was surprised he didn’t catch on w another team as a solid back up… He hardly played much after that first year.

1 Like

2014 Andrew Hendrix got injured in the first half and we had to play out the rest of the game with Drew Kummer. 2015 we went in with true freshman Billy Bahl making his third career start. We got blown out both times. We lost 26-3 in 2018 and 31-26 in 2021 since he moved to Minnesota, but he’s had a tendency to phone in buy games there, so I’m not sure how illustrative those two games are.

1 Like

Hendrix on a better team like what we have now would have been a real beast

2 Likes