Directional Michigan series thread

Our preview here: Preview: W. Michigan at Miami – View From the Glass

Miami has not done well against <M recently…

1 Like

If only we could be up 4-2 with less than 4 minutes to go in the game, I bet we’d break the losing streak then……right???

1 Like

2 Likes

4-1 <M final.

1 Like

The game was as predicted. Miami had to stay out of the penalty box to keep Western’s power play
at bay. But they gave up 2 PPG’s. The refs were bush,btw.

Miami with a 3-2 lead at the second intermission for Saturday game. We start the 3rd period on the PK.

Killed that penalty and quickly take a stupid 5 minute major.

Just tuned in for the end of the game. Hope Neaton isn’t seriously hurt. Gotta be able to close it out with the power play for the last 5 minutes of the game

Winner4-3!

6 Likes

Been a while but we’ve now beaten two top ten teams the last two seasons. Let’s build on it!

2 Likes

Every time I’m just about ready to throw in the towel on this team, they pull off a win like this. I was really questioning if I even wanted to bother driving down to the Springs twice next weekend… :grimacing: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Given their record, it’s weird to think hockey is the only team at MU that has beaten one much less two top ten teams in the country in the last two years. But they have so hats off to them. Hope they keep improving.

3 Likes

Yea us!

1 Like

Actually, no need to limit it to the past two years, I think we’ve beaten at least one top ten team every year in the NCHC (and probably before that too).

1 Like

We were in danger of breaking the program record for longest home losing streak if we lost today and got swept by UND -no longer in danger!

We’ve already matched our 2023 amount of conference wins 2 weeks into 2024 and we have 4 home wins which we haven’t done in a couple years.

Before this game Albin Nilsson was the most recent redhawk to beat an NCHC team in goggin and that’s no longer the case :slight_smile: I’m glad he got his first goal too

Also we are undefeated in the new uniforms!

Great day overall for Miami sports against directional michigan teams with two basketball wins too

2 Likes

Neaton looked pretty bad. And Albin hobbled off the ice at the end too. I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t see him next week even though he came back late

1 Like

Whether it’s worth it or not, living out there and having the opportunity and ability to go means GO!

Personally, having never been to Colorado in my life, I’m jealous you have that chance to be there.

1 Like

Some Miami fans from S.Ohio are going to CC.

2 Likes

Moulton told Bruno that Neaton is “OK”. He had McFail go down the tunnel and check on Neaton for him. We sit row 2 right behind the S.goal and read lips very well!

1 Like

Bergeron said in the presser that hes on crutches

1 Like