Directional Michigan series thread

Yeah, I always make an effort to go support Miami sports when they make their way to colorado. And even though it’s a little bit of a pain to go to CC, their new arena is way nicer (and closer to home!) than World Arena. I talk a lot of (highly discouraged Miami hockey fan) smack, but honestly…I’ll probably go to all four games here, even if DU annihilates us like they probably will.

I absolutely love Colorado and can’t imagine living anywhere else. As of this summer, I’ll have lived here longer than I did in Ohio (23 years)!

5 Likes

One of these years…

1 Like

Great place to live…I spent most of my 20’s living as a bachelor in Denver …learned how to ski of course but loved the dry climate. Fun nightlife too! Turned into Bronco fan in those years although I always rooted for my hometown Bengals.

2 Likes

20+ years here and I still despise the broncos (and John Elway) for what they did to the Browns back in the day. I don’t even care about the Browns, or even the NFL at all, any more and I still hate the Broncos. I discovered quickly that Sundays during Bronco games (especially playoff games) are the absolute best time to go to the grocery store in Denver. :rofl:

3 Likes

They drafted Elway the last year I lived in Denver (dating myself). I was there before MLB when Broncomania was everything in those days.

I’m planning on attending one of the DU games. My son is a Freshman there. It gives me a good excuse to check in on him.

3 Likes

Hit the portal for a #2 goalie?

1 Like

We do have carter mcphail who brings lots of energy to the team and is someone everyone loves. He’s a vet with d1 experience and I’d have faith in him to take some time in net. His first start was in Goggin against Miami and I watched that game back and he wasn’t bad

1 Like

The schedule is a real grinder, I hope he’ll do well if/when he’s needed!

1 Like

I was more than pleased with the team effort Saturday night. I am hoping they bring that intensity this weekend. I will be attending the games at CC, it will interesting to compare the new facilities there to other venues.

1 Like

Dylan Moulton NCHC defenseman of the week!

1 Like

Their new arena is really nice, I was impressed when we went to the series last year. I posted some pictures in that thread. Although, honestly, almost anything would have been an improvement over World Arena! My son and I will be down there, likely for both games as well.

2 Likes

My kid played in the Pikes Peak PeeWee tournament back in 2005. They actually won the championship game for their tier at the AFA rink.

Played earlier round games at both the old CC rink and at World Arena. WA was Olympic size ice. I remember there was a lot of open ice for PeeWees who could really skate to open things up. It seemed like there were way too many seats in it.