Dick...Is She Right?

1 Like

It is the one upscale restaurant in town. We also have a Brewery ( Gongooglers, no food). 17 West shares a building with The Bicycle Museum of America. It is a large building which was originally a Hotel in the 1800’s. Across the street from 17 West is our Movie Theater ( Seats less than 100) which is 2 blocks from my house. I am going there tonight to watch “Mean Girls”. I see that Tina Fay is in it and I like her, plus the original movie was pretty good.

2 Likes

Good to hear the canal boats can get the latest talkies to the movie house.

3 Likes

I’m suprised someone hasn’t parked a food truck or hell, propped up a Weber bbq in the parking lot next to the brewery. Serving beverages without food is a miss.

Actually the Miami Erie canal is about 10 feet from the theater, maybe 100 feet from my house. I guess you know what a Gongoogler is.

2 Likes

I was surprised that this version of “Mean Girls” was a musical. I liked it though. The only other people at the movie were a young couple who spent part of the time making out.

1 Like

Thanks, Eddie. Now I’m hungry again.

This may call for a golf road trip this summer. Dick, any good golf courses near New Bremen? I know there’s one in Versailles but I’d rather now have to bring my passport to cross into Versailles

3 Likes

I passed through New Bremen only once, and a wedding party was taking pictures on that bridge over the canal. It is my lasting memory.

1 Like

There is kind of a spectacular park behind 17 West which features the canal and locks and a tow path and some sculptures and a bunch of modernistic playground games and a big Pavillion where they do hold wedding receptions and concerts.

1 Like

Sidney and Minster have nice public courses, better than the course at Versailles.

1 Like

Gongooglers, by the way, was a name given to the people who would sit on the banks of the canal and watch the boats and passengers go by while drinking beer. It has probably been over a century now since the canal was actually still used for transportation.

2 Likes

Back in “Barney Google, with his Goog, Goog, Googley eyes” days.

1 Like

I have been up to New Bremen to visit Dick a number of times and I reallly like the town. They have done a great job with the downtown area and the canal towpath. Eddie, thanks for the tip on the restaurant. Dick, if Miami wins the MAC tournament and goes to the NCAA tournament, I will come up to New Bremen and take you out to dinner at 17 West!

2 Likes

Wooh. This is all moving too fast.

2 Likes

Seems like a safe statement, but if that actually happens, I will take you up on that offer. I don’t think it is completely impossible, we just need to keep improving and get healthier.

1 Like

If we win the MAC Championship and go to the NCAA Tournament I will drive to New Bremen, take both @DICK and @ChrisW1980 to 17 West and bring a freezer of Graeter’s for dessert.

1 Like

If we win the MAC Championship and make it to the Final Four in the NCAA Tournament, I will drive to New Bremen, take both @DICK and @ChrisW1980 to 17 West, bring a freezer of Graeter’s for dessert, and buy everyone dinner at The Pine Club the following week.

1 Like

Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip?

2 Likes

Grumpy, you know I am in for that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eddie, I love the bone-in ribeye!! Let’s make it happen! :slight_smile:

2 Likes