Del State

Ok I can’t imaging it’s worth keeping the starters in for too much longer.

Oh, btw…

8 Likes

Well, with the exception of Larvadain getting banged up, this is exactly what I was hoping to see today. Looks like our starters should be sitting out the entire 2nd half.

Offense making DSU look like a middle school team out there, they’re getting it done. When’s the last time we had 30+ at the half? We could be at 40 at this rate.

Defense started too undisciplined with overly soft coverage (and the really bad overpursuit on the screen TD) but they’ve tightened up.

I’m 300 plus miles northwest of Oxford, and I have a bunch of daughters in activities, so it’s impossible to get down there. I’m so jealous seeing all you guys getting pics with the bell. Wish I could be down there with you today.

Fortunatley, they’re at Western Michigan on October 14, and that is only about 45 minutes south of me. So I’m looking forward to making that trip.

1 Like

I want to see The Hessian. Bring on Henry. We know what we have with Aveon although I’d be ok with a long run or two from him.

1 Like

Lots of subs on our D now. Let’s see the same on O.

1 Like

Just going to say this… up to this point, (and yes, obviously the situations are totally different) Marqui Adams seems to be making more plays against us than Emory Jones did in the first half.

And just like that… DSU scores. And then the hornets missed the extra point.

31-13

2 Likes

Defense has given up a lot this year - these guys have 13 points today and had 17 points in 3 games before this week

1 Like

Pretty lackadaisical defensive effort in the first half. We just don’t ever seem to know how to put an outmanned team out of its misery. Offense has looked very good, thankfully.

Would like to see the backups try running a two-minute drill here instead of just going into halftime. String a few nice plays together and it doesn’t take much to get into FG range, especially with us getting the ball to start the second half.

1 Like

Fortunately, Washington and his men were able to defeat Henry’s mercenary forefathers who fought along side the British during the Revolutionary War.

What? I’m a history buff. :wink:

4 Likes

Halftime: 34-13

When Henry scores his first TD we need to throw O’Hebry bars on the field. #facts!!!

1 Like

Not quite as dominant a first half as I was hoping for.

34-13 Miami at the half.

So I’m flipping around to check some of the other games since it’s halftime, and I see Oregon is really putting it on Colorado. It’s 28-0 with time left before the half. Ouch.

Edit: Strike that. 35-0 before the half.

1 Like

Do we pull the starters with just a 21 point margin? We get the ball first in the second half, so might leave them in for one more TD to stretch it to 28.

Pull the starters

1 Like

I agree. Go up by another TD before pulling the starters. Hopefully that only takes one possession.

I would play Gabbert first series second half. Then hand him a baseball cap.

1 Like