December 2024 Portal

There are a lot of things AV is bad at but winning is not one of them :joy:

I transferred to UVA then

1 Like

Yes he can and I hope he does! but we still need a WB - Weakside Linebacker?

1 Like

He was having his best game of the year until the end. But he still won, yes. I am totally optimistic though - as the coaches opened up the game for him and he was doing great. I have faith as I know he can do it. We won with more of a passing game than running game so we can do both. Gotta love the defense and special teams too. Let’s put it all together against over-confident Toledo!

2 Likes

Javon Tracy and McDonald seem to be Aveon’s favorite targets. Marshall and Wilkens had some drops that shouldn’t happen against Toledo so Aveon will improve stat-wise. I would love to have a good TE to also get involved and open it up for Amos. Big fan of Amos and also good to see our Oline do good as I was a bit worried after seeing Schaffer and Feth transfer. I think Coach Patton as Oline coach is a real winner.

1 Like

That was regarding an entire season. I stand by that. We are winning because of special teams and defense. Period.

3 Likes

AV is not a good enough QB to win games for an entire season. ( See last year ).

2 Likes

He was 5-4 last year and 3-2 in the MAC. It’s not like we went winless without Gabbert. Heck, Brett’s record as the starter was only 1-3 last season.

1 Like

Still need to upgrade the QB position,either way.

1 Like

Just so we are all clear. You’re saying you are fine with AV being the starter on day 1 next year? I’m not. Do I think he’s a great young man, absolutely. Do i think the team loves him, :100:, I just don’t happen to believe he is the best option out there.

3 Likes

As attractive as a new, portal QB may be, I think we’d be better served really trying to give our recruited guys a shot before we turn to the portal for a starter

2 Likes

No. But to say we can’t win games with him as a starter is just not true. He’s started 13 games over the last 2 seasons the team is 9-4 in those games.

1 Like

I will worry about next year next year.

1 Like

Great to see we offered the interior DL from Dartmouth. We definitely need to add good bodies to that position given the potential departures, and the lack of interior DL in the anticipated HS signing class. I would offer a few more. Same with OL. We only have one reported OL signing.

2 Likes

Portal technically opens December 4. I would be very surprised if we hear any current roster kids announce anything before then, and playing in a bowl game certainly doesn’t hurt IMO.

Would hope that Brett has an idea of what his plans are before the new year.

2 Likes

Well you just contradicted yourself. If you think we can win consistently with AV then why do you not want him next year? You see, we are saying the same thing. Can we win a few close games with AV? Sure. We have already. We also lost several last year because he is not capable of passing. The defense and special teams baled him out Saturday.

1 Like

I agree, but we need a back up plan with an experienced QB in the room , just in case.

Buffalo’s QB Cole Snyder has entered the portal

1 Like

That’s not a contradiction. You can still want improved play while recognizing you can win games with what you have.

Saying we can’t win with him is clearly not correct. Again, the record supports that.

1 Like

Dartmouth was an Ivy Co-Champ this season.