Congrats to Coach Duffy!

Marquette defeated UConn last night 59-52. First time since 1993 UConn has had back-to-back losses.

4 Likes

Maybe one day she will be in the cradle of coaches conversation at Miami. Seems to be on a great trajectory.

2 Likes

Great win for Duffy, but in UCONN’s defense. Geno’s roster is decimated. He has essentially had 7 players available. He is without Bueckers, Fudd, Ducharme. So 60% of his starting lineup. And he has still guided them to 21 wins. I’m a huge Geno fan. This has been a terrible year for him. Besides the losses to his roster, he lost his mother this past year as well.

Not women’s basketball, but maybe some congratulations are also in order to Ron Hunter and his assistant Sean Mock after their OT win over UC this week. Tulane is now sitting at second place in the AAC. Great job of turning around the Tulane program.

7 Likes

Correction: 2 and done.

1 Like

I think she was here two years but remember, I don’t make the rules. I just judge and yell at horses. Speaking of which, I might write a book entitled: “names I’ve yelled at horses”. I would think it would make an excellent read.

2 Likes

I :heart: Megan Duffy

1 Like

Duffy isn’t Miami alum she never be in the cradle wish we keep her

1 Like

I didn’t realize you had to be an alum to be in the cradle conversation. Thought you had to just be a coach?

1 Like

Correct, see Hayes, Woody.

3 Likes

Woody was an alum

Ummmm…no. Woody graduated from Denison.

3 Likes

Duffy off to Va Tech

https://x.com/HokiesWBB/status/1775543804109455546?s=20

2 Likes

Recipients of the cradle honor should be Miami alums IMHO. Woody just stopped by a couple years here in his coaching career…

True…but he did coach the team that won the Salad Bowl (pre-cursor to the Fiesta Bowl).

1 Like

I think you should be a Miami grad - even if you haven’t been a head coach!

IMG_3122

Isn’t she taking a step now by taking the Virginia Tech job?

:heart: :heart::heart: My Girl :heart::heart::heart:

Congrats to Coach Duffy. Va Tech’s Coach Kenny Brooks recently took the job at Kentucky. Their star point guard Georgia Amoor just this week announced she was not putting her name in for the WNBA draft and instead entered the transfer portal. Duffy’s first and most important task would be convincing her to return.

2 Likes

VT was in the final 4 last year and had a top 5 team this year. Also, it gets her away from Shaka and all the drama he brings

1 Like