Coaching Carousel

I know Professor Fate has divided loyalties but this is great for Miami if Wright State is cheaping out

Let’s also remember Dayton and they’re paying Anthony Grant $2 million a year and 4 associate/assistant coaches six figures each as well. And that’s a 15 minute drive from WSU.

I just want Wright State to have a chance to win the Horizon League and get to the NCAAs

1 Like

Havent seen any contract details but Wright state promoted assistant Clint Sargent to head coach. He came with Nagy from South Dakota State.

2 Likes

Yeah, we’ll see how he does. If he can get the recruits like the past few years and can get the guys to buy into playing defense, then there’s hope

Kentucky pushed Calipari out the door because they thought they could get Dan Hurley, only to end up having to hire Mark Pope instead.

Gut instinct: feels a bit like Doherty at UNC. I don’t imagine he’s taking UK to any nati’s. Maybe a stop gap until they land their next. Nothing against him, just not the hire I expected they would make. Maybe the job is toxic because of the boosters.

Still a great job - boosters were kept at bay by AD who hasn’t embraced NIL and Cal who decided he needed it too late. His “La Familia” concept was comical and never took off because he wanted to micromanage. Same way he was slow to adjust to roster age & experience vs 5* Frosh.

In the same way you’re starting to see a trickle of CDB coaches go to the NFL, or HCs become coordinators, I’d imagine we may see the same thing with CBB

1 Like

I would imagine Lrntucky was caught flat footed here. Boosters grumbling to Calipari. AD does the same. This happens over a couple years but no one thinks he will bolt until he does. The strangest departure IMO this season. Right there with the UsC coach going to SMU. That seems like a step down. And the Arkansas coach (who is great) taking it is very telling.