Coaching Carousel

Travis Ford of SLU immediately let go after SLU lost to Duquesne last night. He had a 7 figure buyout. Haven’t heard who paid it. Chaifetz, who funded the SLU arena, did not pay the buyout nor will he contribute to fund the new coach. Name circulating on SLU board to replace him Josh Schertz from Indiana State. I have friends who are SLU boosters and wanted Ford gone 3 years ago. I’m sure many more firings/parting of the ways are coming.

2 Likes

A little off topic, but of interest to Miami, Dr. Richard Chaifetz, who the 10,000 seat bball arena at St. Louis U is named as the lead donor, is the father of Ross Chaifetz, a 2015 MU grad. Ross is/has been a member of the Athletic Directors Circle at MU. Could he be a source for a major gift for the MU version of the Chaifetz Arena? Let’s hope.

1 Like

I believe Chaifetz’ wife is a Miami grad. He and his wife have given money to Miami before, just not funded athletics.

4 Likes

Chris Holtmann to DePaul. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Can we fire Travis steele after today

In year 2 after improving from 6 conference wins to 9? Give him some time

1 Like

IIRC, he wanted to fire Steele the moment we hired him.

1 Like

Bad news: he just texted me and said he wants to fire you as a fan. Don’t shoot the messenger, but that’s what he wants. Very sorry.

5 Likes

YellowNumber5–you’re the best! Keep it going. Chuckling as I type. Fire the bastard!

1 Like

Greggie is a HawkTawk legend!

3 Likes

I get paid 4 dollars to make people laugh and sometimes I feel like I could be paid less.

In his own mind, maybe. I find his routine beyond dull

1 Like

Ford had them at the top of the A10 not long ago, and was an excellent recruiter (though I never liked him). We’ve moved so I don’t follow the league closely any more, but I wonder what the hell happened?

All legends aren’t positive ones.

1 Like

Holtmann is off to fight the white whale. Ha!

1 Like

“ The Man” is Toast!

2 Likes

I love Greggie. I’m just busting his balls.

Travis is horrible he lost to niu at home and couldn’t not win at Xavier

Actually Travis Ford’s recruiting the last several years has been terrible. SLU was more undersized than Miami, and was attracting not much more than 2 star recruits. And he was never known as a good on court coach. I never understood the ridiculous contract they gave him.

1 Like

Thanks, Blues. I didn’t know that. Even when he had talent, you are right: He wasn’t a good on court coach, which I thought is why they always seemed to underachieve.

1 Like