Cincinnati Chili Bowl (no… really)

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

College football’s next bowl could come here: Cincinnati Chili Bowl looking for 2023 start

2 Likes

I kinda like it…Cincinnati Chili Bowl has a good “ring” to it. Maybe Gold Star and Skyline will slug it out to be the major sponsor.

4 Likes

Perhaps a challenger brand like say a Blue Ash Chili enters the fray?

The possibilities here are endless. “Subsponsers) from pasta,cheese,onion etc sellers should jump on board. A chili eating contest, homemade chili cook off for the coaches, etc. Bring it on.

1 Like

Perhaps a Sysco type operation gets involved. I once worked at Skyline Chili (worst high school job ever) and Sysco products were all around the kitchen.

2 Likes

I have no idea of what it would take (in $$) to be anointed the Major game sponsor ($500K?? A mil??), but not sure any of these chili entities would want to bite off that big a commitment. Not sure it’s feasible but would be pretty cool if a number of them could go in as sponsors, maybe w the two big boys sharing the role of major sponsor. As noted above, the opportunities for publicizing are endless!

Tums being a sponsor would also be cool…Burp !!!

3 Likes

Yellow: probably stacks right down there w my two high school summers working at a Burger Chef in Milford. Had the brutal close shift so had to break down the broilers and scrub the grease off, etc.

Ironically that location was converted to a Skyline after Burger Chef went under…some of you here may be familiar with it…I have eaten there a number of times over the years when visiting family in Cincy.

1 Like

I had so many crappy jobs, but restaurant work is the worst. Incidentally, the grease trap clean out is just about the single worst smell a human nose can endure.

1 Like

The winning coach at the Dukes Mayo Bowl gets mayonnaise dumped on him. This one gets a tub of Skyline chili!

2 Likes

I hate to thread Jack but this really happened to me so here goes: I’m 16, skinnier than I will ever be in my life (I could see my heart beat through my skin) and I work at Skyline. The owner makes us buy (with our own money) some cheesy dressy wear which makes no sense since it’s a messy job working in a restaurant. So one night I’m told I gotta take out the trash. It’s the normal stuff but also a gigantic green bin of old chili, beans and noodles plus other misc. restaurant scrap. Also old cheese and onions. It’s heavy AF. Anyhow, it’s lightly raining and I hate this job, and the dumpster is at the bottom of a hill. I’m thinner than Greg Odem and when the heavy bin gets rolling I can’t stop it, skid down the hill in my knock off capezio style shoes, and I’m catepulted into the dumpster. I get covered by all the effluvium. I walk back into Skyline looking like the swamp thing, and all the oldies who have been working there for 1,000 years all laugh at me. One says: “hey, cheer up. If you work here another ten years, you’ll get to work the hotdog station.” I quit that night.

Sorry, but this is so Cincinnati. Skyline? I guess that’s the idea though. I suppose Pete Rose will flip the coin. The captains can bet on heads or tails. The streetcar can be the official transportation, going around in circles and dropping fans off 6 blocks from the game.

2 Likes

Of course it’s “so Cincinnati”…that’s the idea.

3 Likes

Then why by that logic isn’t there a Graeter’s bowl? I could get into that kind of party.

2 Likes

Better yet, a bowl of 3 way washed down w a Graeter’s ice cream sundae!
P.S.save the LaRosa’s pizza for lunch the next day!

Montgomery Inn Ribs could also get involved…at least set up an outdoor barbeque pit.

1 Like

How’s the city’s sewer infrastructure?

1 Like

…under severe pressure!

Thank you for mentioning this! Now a question for those of you still in the Tri-State area: in my mind’s eye those ribs are still amazing. Is that still the case? Also, there was another good spot called Walt’s in Northern Kentucky back in the day. Just curious.

1 Like

Oooooh . . . I’ve never heard of that one.