Chuck's Record against Ball State

Chuck’s record against Ball State is 5 wins & 1 loss.

The only game he lost was the 2019 championship year, when Miami was leading 27 to 14 at the half; Miami had already clinched the East Division and Chuck pulled Gabbert and several other dinged up players to get ready for the MAC Championship game.

2021 - @BSU - Miami wins 24 to 17

2020 - Home - Miami wins 38 to 31

2019 - @BSU - BallSt wins 41 to 27

2018 - Home - Miami wins 42 to 21

2017 - @BSU - Miami wins 28 to 7

2016 - Home – Miami wins 21 to 20

Chuck did not coach against Ball State prior to 2016.

3 Likes

Ah, I remember 2019. He pulled him when we were ahead to preserve his health when we had a backup with some experience. But this year he let him continue play late into well-decided losses with no well-experienced backup… Strange.

I hope CM’s streak continues. He’s piled up a nice set of Redbird Trophies. Biggest win was 2016 to get bowl eligible after going 0-6 but the 2020 Cardinal team won the MAC and pounded San Jose in their bowl game.

1 Like

I was just thinking I felt that we have dominated this rivalry lately. Big one next week.

1 Like

A win is the difference between moderate success and season failure. No pressure!

1 Like

I know some of it depends on the theoretical bowl result, but even if we beat Ball State and make/win our bowl to finish 7-6 I wouldn’t call it a “moderate success.” We returned a lot of skill players and were the preseason East champ yet will have finished 4-4 in conference play, it’s just us treading water.

5 Likes

Agreed…lost two with Brett as well…never know what percent he was health-wise.

Yes it is, but the starter has missed several games. I have to think Brett was worth at least 1 more victory, possibly 2.

A better OC would have been worth those two games also…maybe even 3…

2 Likes

At 7-6 Moderate success is the correct term, we should have been better, but a winning season is a winning season and a bowl win is always good.

We do need a new OC, that killed us all year!

1 Like

1 Like